return flight

48 minutes ago, Mushroom said:

Out of Fort Lauderdale, my choices right now are 11 am or 2:50 pm. I think 11 am is doable, just want to know how tight. I don't like feeling rushed in the morning. :)

If I take the 2:50 pm one, is there anything to do at the airport?

Thx!!

You'll have to do the self-assist luggage at a minimum and hope that customs and airport check-in don't have any issue.  The airport is right next to the port so in theory you could be there by 9:00   But as  Matt said, it might be tight to make the 11.  If the ship's late or there's an issue, then you'll be looking at the watch.   However there's nothing to do at the airport so multiple hours waiting at the terminal would be like watching paint dry.  If you do the 2:50, just stay on the ship a little longer and let them take your luggage off.

If you choose the later flight, and your airline participates, you would be eligible to use the Luggage Valet program.  For  $25 PP the cruise line takes your checked bags to the airport for you and you won't see them again until you arrive at your home airport.  In order to use the Luggage Valet program your flight must leave noon or later so the earlier flight would not be eligible.  Also, with the Luggage Valet program you do not pay extra for any overweight bags.  It's a GREAT program

Personally, I would choose the later flight and use LV so you don't have to lug your bags to the airport.

Was on the Allure last year and did the self assist luggage.

We waited for a shuttle that never came and decided to take a cab from the port and was at FLL before 9h00 AM. 

And no, there's nothing to do at the terminal but wait...

2 hours ago, mbk999 said:

However there's nothing to do at the airport so multiple hours waiting at the terminal would be like watching paint dry.  If you do the 2:50, just stay on the ship a little longer and let them take your luggage off.

Thanks mbk999. Do you know how late I can stay on the ship? I have only done DCL and we usually stay in the room till 8 (the latest we have to vacate it) and then go to buffet for breakfast. We would be among the last people to leave the ship around 9 am. Not sure what is the policy with RCL.

I'm not usually one to book flights before noon for safety reasons (the ship can be delayed), but I would lean towards the 11 a.m. flight.  We did normal disembarkation, but had a low number and walked off the ship at 8:15, by the curb by 8:30, and arrived at FLL by 8:45.  We actually had to wait 20 minutes to check our bags as Southwest only accepts bags 4 hours before flights.

20 hours ago, Mushroom said:

Thanks mbk999. Do you know how late I can stay on the ship? I have only done DCL and we usually stay in the room till 8 (the latest we have to vacate it) and then go to buffet for breakfast. We would be among the last people to leave the ship around 9 am. Not sure what is the policy with RCL.

Sorry, I don't know but I'm guessing it's probably about the same or a  bit longer due to the size.  we tend to do the self-assist.