Platinum C&A Perks

I've recently become platinum wooooo! I'm just wondering what perks you get onboard? I know with gold you got a few BOGO milkshakes and money of phots etc, does anyone have a picture of the perks at all?

I know there's normally a list waiting in your stateroom on arrivals day so I'm just curious to see if they have changed at all?

48 minutes ago, J_Keeble said:

I've recently become platinum wooooo! I'm just wondering what perks you get onboard? I know with gold you got a few BOGO milkshakes and money of phots etc, does anyone have a picture of the perks at all?

I know there's normally a list waiting in your stateroom on arrivals day so I'm just curious to see if they have changed at all?

We too will have our first Platinum cruise this July so I am anxious to see what we both find out!

1 hour ago, jticarruthers said:

Basically the same as gold, one or two of the 5% discounts become 10% discounts I think ...

Only substantial change is getting the non-combinable balcony discount.

Yes I got the balcony discount!  I was pleasantly surprised when they told me that!

I, too, just became platinum.  I'm curious about the balcony discount.  I had booked my next cruise - balcony room - (sailing Oct 2018) before my last cruise (sailed May 2017).  The last cruise bumped me to platinum.  What's the discount?  And, if I call, would they apply it retroactive?

Also a new platinum member here. I booked for November after reaching P status and I am looking for the discount on the balcony cabin on my online reservation. Is it specifically called out? I remember when i booked there was a sale and the price came up as "discounts" applied but I don't see anything that says refers to a platinum discount. is this where the rule not combine-able with other discounts" applies? A sale price would supersede this? I am happy with the price I paid but I will take a discount wherever I can find it. More $$ for excursions.

Adding the balcony discount now MAY count as a reprice .... I have had them tell me that before but also think they forgot that rule at least once as well.

Also balcony discount is not usually combinable with any OBC from the "sale of the day" so I would be very careful with having them add the discount retroactively to an existing reservation. (Definitely ask but make sure they are thorough on the explanation before you pull the trigger)

Robes and lapel and the top tier are the difference really.

Balcony discount is nice, but I still cant afford it even with the discount.

Next up for me is Emerald...getting close but don't think there is a big jump there either.....still striving for Diamond at this point!

For me the big perk is to get in a shorter line at boarding, if you get there early it's not that big of a deal but still nice.

The top tier event was nice too, they had lots of free drinks, tables full of different flavours, just walk up and grab one.

And although not much but the balcony discount did save me some money on upcoming cruises.

Plus you can feel all high and mighty. On the last group cruise I was platinum for the first time and made a point to tell all these pathetic gold members how important I now was, lol. The term 'Gold lives matter' was thrown around more than once.

21 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

I agree, balconys aren't worth the extra money. Although sometimes you can get a deal and this discount helps, not much but it does.

Kind of off topic..

We booked a Alaska cruise that is coming up in 3 months. We got a inside cabin for about 1200 CAD a person. A balcony would be nice for the views but they are going for 2400 CAD a person, not worth it, I'll hang out up on deck. Yesterday we landed a garenteed balcony for a grand total of 268 extra, for both of us. I'm excited, we may get a obstructed view if I can't get a better room but that's still a great deal.

8 minutes ago, Jerel said:

We booked a Alaska cruise that is coming up in 3 months. We got a inside cabin for about 1200 CAD a person. A balcony would be nice for the views but they are going for 2400 CAD a person, not worth it, I'll hang out up on deck. Yesterday we landed a garenteed balcony for a grand total of 268 extra, for both of us. I'm excited, we may get a obstructed view if I can't get a better room but that's still a great deal.

Great deal!

1 hour ago, Jerel said:

For me the big perk is to get in a shorter line at boarding, if you get there early it's not that big of a deal but still nice.

The top tier event was nice too, they had lots of free drinks, tables full of different flavours, just walk up and grab one.

And although not much but the balcony discount did save me some money on upcoming cruises.

Plus you can feel all high and mighty. On the last group cruise I was platinum for the first time and made a point to tell all these pathetic gold members how important I now was, lol. The term 'Gold lives matter' was thrown around more than once.

Last few top tiers we've been to there was none of that going on.  They had sweet drinks but nothing to eat.  We pretty much stopped going because of that.

1 hour ago, monctonguy said:

Robes and lapel and the top tier are the difference really.

Next up for me is Emerald...getting close but don't think there is a big jump there either.....still striving for Diamond at this point!

I know what you mean, we are 12 from diamond...  I want to hit that this year but might not be able to.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Great deal!

We're excited about it. Today the price went up to 2000 CAD for a garenteed balcony, Yesterday we paid less than 1200, that's a big jump for one day!

Plus they gave us our room today, not obstructed! I'm also happy because many of the rooms look straight down at a roof, ares does not.

Screenshot_2017-06-14-13-47-25.jpg

8 hours ago, whenismynextcruise said:

Also a new platinum member here. I booked for November after reaching P status and I am looking for the discount on the balcony cabin on my online reservation. Is it specifically called out? I remember when i booked there was a sale and the price came up as "discounts" applied but I don't see anything that says refers to a platinum discount. is this where the rule not combine-able with other discounts" applies? A sale price would supersede this? I am happy with the price I paid but I will take a discount wherever I can find it. More $$ for excursions.

I have found their Australia/NZ website a bit flaky with this. If I search for a cruise without signing in, go to the booking page and then sign in from the booking page I don't get the Crown and Anchor discount. However if I sign in before I search and then go to the booking page I do see the discount. If you have received a Crown and Anchor discount you should see it as a line item in the fare breakdown.

I am not sure whether the same feature/bug happens on the US website as there are differences between it and the Australian one.

4 hours ago, firegal2539 said:

I found this on Royal's website, the perks of a Diamond member. You can a free day of Voom, a free bottle of wine and appetizers in your cabin, and several other nice things.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/viewAllBenefitsLoggedout.do?memberTier=Diamond

Candie

I've never received a bottle of wine or a day off Voom as a Diamond member. 

3 hours ago, firegal2539 said:

DocLC,

When I arrived on the Explorer there was a bottle of wine in my room and a plate of appetizers. I have gotten the appetizers before but never the wine. I thought it was because of making Diamond, but I could be wrong.

Candie

Possibly, but best guess is that it was your TA or a promotion that you booked. 

I'm usually not a big fan of the complimentary wine or champagne they provide and I've been able to swap it out for something else. 

50 minutes ago, firegal2539 said:

It wasn't from my TA and there were no perks. The card said "Your Royal Staff". I gave it away, wouldn't let me trade it.

Bummer on not being able to trade. We've been able to do it twice at Chops.