British Colonial Hilton Nassau Day Pass Question

rjac

We will be in Nassau next April 2nd on the Allure. We get into port at 7:30 a.m. and leave at 2:30 p.m. That only gives us about 5 hours "beach & pool" time at the resort. The day pass includes a $40 food and beverage voucher per adult. So, is it worth it? What/how much will that $40 voucher cover? Or should we stay on board and enjoy the ship? We were on the Allure last year and absolutely loved it! Thanks in advance.:27_sunglasses:

I would consider the time of day when you will be there.  Yes, you have 5 hours but are you really going to be swimming, partying and drinking at 8:00 AM ?

For me, I would not want to have to jump right off the ship as soon as it docks and head out to party down  that early and then come back just as the afternoon was beginning.

9 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I would consider the time of day when you will be there.  Yes, you have 5 hours but are you really going to be swimming, partying and drinking at 8:00 AM ?

For me, I would not want to have to jump right off the ship as soon as it docks and head out to party down  that early and then come back just as the afternoon was beginning.

Yeah, that's kind of what we were thinking. Perhaps we'll just get off and wander around a bit and spend the rest of the day on board.

On 6/10/2017 at 11:23 AM, rjac said:

We will be in Nassau next April 2nd on the Allure. We get into port at 7:30 a.m. and leave at 2:30 p.m. That only gives us about 5 hours "beach & pool" time at the resort. The day pass includes a $40 food and beverage voucher per adult. So, is it worth it? What/how much will that $40 voucher cover? Or should we stay on board and enjoy the ship? We were on the Allure last year and absolutely loved it! Thanks in advance.:27_sunglasses:

I went there in March.

The food and drinks is fairly expensive, so that $40 will get you 1 entree and 1-2 drinks before you go over (give or take). 

The issue for you is the timing.  If you look closely, the day pass guests can start arriving at the Hilton at 9am. So that means you lose out on 1.5 hours of port time. 

The good news is the resort is SUPER close to the port, so maybe a 10 min walk back.

2 hours ago, Drewmommy said:

We purchased the daypass for the British Colonial and we set sail on the Allure on the 25th.  I thought I read somewhere that guests cannot get into the resort until 9a.  Is this correct?

According to http://www.resortforaday.com/British-Colonial-Hilton-Day-pass-p/nsnabcha.htm

Resort for a Day guests are welcome to arrive as early as 9am and stay until sunset.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I went there in March.

The food and drinks is fairly expensive, so that $40 will get you 1 entree and 1-2 drinks before you go over (give or take). 

The issue for you is the timing.  If you look closely, the day pass guests can start arriving at the Hilton at 9am. So that means you lose out on 1.5 hours of port time. 

The good news is the resort is SUPER close to the port, so maybe a 10 min walk back.

Thanks Matt. We're going to take a pass on this one this time. Perhaps a future cruise will stay in Nassau for a longer period of time. Nothing wrong about hanging out on the Allure!

• 3 weeks later...