Refurbishment and Drydocks

bcarney

I don't really follow ship refurbishments and dry-docks, etc (to be honest I don't even know the difference between the two).  Where do people get information on that regarding ships, specifically Adventure of the Seas?  My family loves the ship and the service we get, but if Dynamic Dining goes fleet wide we're done with Royal Caribbean.  I'd like to keep an eye on if/when refurbs are planned for AoS and we'll try to get one more cruise in with her before that happens.  Thanks in advance for any info.

I think last time around RCI published a schedule, for the upcoming Freedom refurb it was noticed when the "gap" in the scheudule for January opened up (no cruises available to book).

I think you can also look at the deckplans on RCI's website to see if there is a "new" plan available after a certain date, that would probably be a clue that something is going on if the deck plans are changed.

I don't really follow ship refurbishments and dry-docks, etc (to be honest I don't even know the difference between the two).  Where do people get information on that regarding ships, specifically Adventure of the Seas?  My family loves the ship and the service we get, but if Dynamic Dining goes fleet wide we're done with Royal Caribbean.  I'd like to keep an eye on if/when refurbs are planned for AoS and we'll try to get one more cruise in with her before that happens.  Thanks in advance for any info.

Bill we all can tell you love Adventure since your signature says you've sailed on her 4 times now. You're probably safe with Adventure for the time being. I don't think it is in Royal's top spot caliber like Freedom, Oasis, and Allure are. Some ships depending on popularity get new stuff first. I hope you don't switch cruise lines. Even though we don't know much about Dynamic Dining at moment and how it will affect our cruising lives, I believe Royal would never institute something so awful as to drive away its most loyal cruisers.   

• 1 month later...

We're right rhere with you - if dynamic dining goes fleet-wide, we will stop sailing with Royal too. We are fairly traditional when it comes to cruising and we really enjoy the main dining room.