We have used the luggage valet service for flights out of Fort Lauderdale and really like it.  But, I can't remember the time restrictions for qualifying flights.  We are trying to decide our flight times and would like to fly out at 4:40pm on a Saturday.  Does anyone remember those restrictions?  Royal Caribbean can't give me an answer, "must wait until you are onboard to schedule it".

I believe that the early side FLL deadline is noon.  If you are looking at a 4PM flight that will be WAAAY more time than you need.  You should be good.  We typically fly out around 1 - 2 PM.

I had a flight scheduled once at 11:59 and they accepted it...so I think anything noon or after is good.

WAAAYTOOO,

If I remember correctly when I sailed in March out of Fort Lauderdale the paperwork said the flight had to leave by 3 pm. I could be wrong because I am old and forgetful, so take it for what it is worth. I do know that calling Royal doesn't help, the ship schedules it.

Candie

Candie, you could be right.  I guess I never thought about there being a back end deadline, too.  Seems kinda restricting to say that you can only fly between noon and 3 PM but it could be.  We always try to leave between 1 -2.

When we go on the Group cruise on Harmony in September we are actually flying in and out of Miami.  The itins and prices were better so we will try Miami this time.  In the "old days", it used to be cheaper to fly to FLL than to MIA but these days that has reversed.

1 minute ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

When we go on the Group cruise on Harmony in September we are actually flying in and out of Miami.  The itins and prices were better so we will try Miami this time.  In the "old days", it used to be cheaper to fly to FLL than to MIA but these days that has reversed.

So i have never done the lauderdale port.  We will be cruising next march (3 of us).  I don't tend to be a car renter but we are flying in likely the day before (or even friday night for a sunday cruise) and then staying over the Saturday night after.  Is it really easy to get from miami to lauderdale?   Are there lots of options for cheap one day (easy return) rentals , shuttles,  ubers etc?  Im a bit overwhelmed by the whole thing...port canaveral was easy!   Jane

Yes, it is easy to get from one to the other.  We usually just get a taxi, which I recognize is probably the most expensive way to do it but it's also the simplest.  I believe the last time we did it, the cost was about $95 one way for the 2 of us.  I'm certain there are other, cheaper ways to get from Port Everglades to the Miami airport (and vice versa).  Others will have better suggestions.  We are just lazy and would rather pay a little more and have the convenience of just hailing a cab and moving on.

We have, in the past, done the Royal transport thing but as many have said in other threads, it is slightly inconvenient as you must get on the bus and wait for the bus to fill up before it departs. I cannot recall what they charge to go from Port Everglades to the Miami airport.

The only time we EVER rent a car is when we fly into Orlando to go to Port Canaveral.  Other than that, we just take taxis or hotel shuttles.

I use the Royal transport on every cruise. Yes, you have to wait until it is almost full but I have never waited more than 15 minutes after boarding the bus. The other plus is they guarantee to get you to your flight so they are responsible.

The last time from Fort Lauderdale to Miami it was $39 each way.

Candie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...