Account Credit?

I have a JS cruise booked in mid July, fully paid.  Checking my page, I see that I suddenly have a $760 credit.  (Not OBC, but a credit to my account).   Was this because the total fare was lowered and they've now credited my account?  I'll take it but I'm confused.  I didn't receive any emails from them about this.

Yep,

I had that exact issue a couple of days ago ..... I called Royal (which I always do, never bother with the web site) and they confirmed what Doc said.... computer glitch .....

My cruise is paid in full, so they sent me a corrected invoice for my records..... All is good in Grandeur Land.

Mark

I had to laugh when you asked if it was a fare adjustment (not laughing at you....just at the very thought !).  No, they will never EVER refund you anything regarding changing fares, automatically.  IF you are lucky enough for there to be an actual fare reduction on your cruise, then it would be up to you initiate a rebooking to take advantage of it.  Royal will never voluntarily refund any fare to you just b/c the price went down.  They COUNT on the fact that most people never check fares.

To be fair (check out that artful use of the homonym !!), similarly, Royal will never increase your fare when there is a fare increase either.

8 hours ago, coneyraven said:

yYep,

I had that exact issue a couple of days ago ..... I called Royal (which I always do, never bother with the web site) and they confirmed what Doc said.... computer glitch .....

My cruise is paid in full, so they sent me a corrected invoice for my records..... All is good in Grandeur Land.

Mark

Just curious, why you would report an apparent error, in your favor? Except for the fact that you are an upstanding citizen.

2 minutes ago, FManke said:

Just curious, why you would report an apparent error, in your favor? Except for the fact that you are an upstanding citizen.

Too make sure there aren't other problems with your booking that might lead to a cancellation.

14 hours ago, FManke said:

That makes sense. If they were going to give you money, that didn't belong to you, imagine all the smaller mistakes that could take place, to disrupt your cruise.

Exactly ..... I'm a little neurotic when it comes to things like this ..... Tyna and I work hard for our vacations and I will go the extra length to make sure some computer glitch doesn't F it up.  I like things to go smoothly ....For the health of my marriage :4_joy:

I just remembered another time that I had a credit balance pop up in my cruise planner.  I had booked a cruise and had a balcony discount applied to the original booking.  Then, I moved up a level in C&A (can't remember which level it was) and it resulted in an additional $25 of balcony credit.  For a short time, it showed a $25 negative balance.  I can't remember how it was resolved but eventually the negative balance went away. 

WAAATOOO,

Question for you, I just moved to Diamond while I was on the Explorer last week. Could there be discounts for the 4 cruises I have booked right now because of my bump up in status? 

I think I am going to be one of those people that walks around on the ship with my status on my shirt and when I meet someone on board I will start the conversation with "hello my name is Candie and I am a Diamond member."

Candie ?

5 minutes ago, firegal2539 said:

WAAATOOO,

Question for you, I just moved to Diamond while I was on the Explorer last week. Could there be discounts for the 4 cruises I have booked right now because of my bump up in status? 

I think I am going to be one of those people that walks around on the ship with my status on my shirt and when I meet someone on board I will start the conversation with "hello my name is Candie and I am a Diamond member."

Candie ?

There could be IF you booked a balcony or higher AND the price has not increased since booking.

We just had the same issue, cruise planner said we owed 590 less than we should, paid that then the cruise planner said we were paid in full.  Then got the email saying we still owe 590. 

Called in and got a useless person on the phone...again! English was not her first language and found her very difficult to understand. She couldn't do anything for us because we were logged in and she couldn't access our info!?! Now thats bad IT. She said we should call back later, smartest thing iv heard.