Harmony of the Seas Expert

Hi, I was wondering if there is an "expert" Harmony of the Seas traveler who would be willing to answer some questions, give me some advice.  Basically, I am traveling with my family and they don't have much travel experience, so there is some confusion about what the travel agent said 6 months ago when they booked the trip to what she said when they picked up the travel packet yesterday.    The other minor issue is I don't have the packet of information, as I am in California and they are in Illinois, but I do have a growing list of questions.  thanks.

Well I will take my risk with "all kinds" of answers.

I realize a number of these questions I could find the answers to if i spent some time googling, but in typical fashioned my family has waited until last minute and now it is on me.   So I apologize in advance for questions that I am sure have been answered before.

1.  Formal nights:  what is acceptable for men?  I did read that dress pants and a button down shirt are acceptable but then also people are saying jackets required.

2.  Amenities in the rooms:  Is there a hair dryer?  iron?

3. Excursions:  does anyone have any experience with excursions in st. kitts and st. thomas?  particularly snorkeling and dolphin encounters.

4. Is there an adult only area?  (pool or at least lounge chairs)

Those are the questions as of now, I am sure I will have more by the morning.

Thanks for any advice :)

1. No jacket is required on formal night. What you started is perfectly acceptable. I never wear a jacket, but I do wear a tie by choice not by requirement. 

2. A hair dryer is provided. If you have thicker hair, I've heard complaints about its effectiveness. Irons are not provided not allowed for safety (fire) reasons. Pressing service is available for a charge. 

3. In St. Thomas I've done an island tour and snorkeling. Both were fun. 

4. There Solarium it's adult-ish only (16 and up). 

I will just add something....others have heard it before.

There are 2 kinds of dolphin excursions - a dolphin encounter and a dolphin swim.  If you or any of your family is interested in actually swimming with the dolphins, I recommend that you be sure you book a dolphin swim and NOT a dolphin encounter.  A dolphin encounter is really just a touch and watch experience.  If the children are young then the dolphin encounter will be great.  If they are older and want to swim freely with the dolphins the encounter will most likely be a disappointment.

10 hours ago, mmw226 said:

1.  Formal nights:  what is acceptable for men?  I did read that dress pants and a button down shirt are acceptable but then also people are saying jackets required.

2.  Amenities in the rooms:  Is there a hair dryer?  iron?

3. Excursions:  does anyone have any experience with excursions in st. kitts and st. thomas?  particularly snorkeling and dolphin encounters.

4. Is there an adult only area?  (pool or at least lounge chairs)

1. Here's a good overview of what to wear on a cruise: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/08/13/first-time-cruisers-what-clothing-do-i-wear-my-royal-caribbean-cruise

2. Hair dryer, yes. Iron, no. My wife says the hair dryer that is provided stinks, so bring your own.

3. Can't help you with those snorkeling ideas.  St. Thomas is great for the beach, if nothing else.

4. The Solarium on Harmony is an adults only area.  There is no pool, but plenty of lounge chairs

1 hour ago, BrianAlt said:

What about the pics in my other posts about Mallorca?  It appeared those were visible when I posted them originally.  

Nope.  Try using the board's native image upload feature.  It says "Drag files here to attach" right below the quick reply.