Rooms for 4 on Allure of the Seas

Hi,

We are a family of 4, looking to book a cruise on the Allure of the Seas.  So far we have been quoted for an ocean view balcony and interior stateroom.  The price difference between the two rooms for us is $700.  

For those that have been on the ship or Oasis class ships, is the amount worth it in the sense of actual room?  I know the difference and pluses of a balcony, but we are considering it just on the basis of the room size.

Any thoughts or experience? Other suggestions?

Thanks!

On most Royal ships, the rooms are nearly identical in size across all categories with the exception of suites. There layouts are fairly similar, too. In terms of space, what your really missing is the additional space provided by the balcony. 

When my son was younger and took naps, we tended to book balcony cabins as we spent more time their. Now that he's older, we book insides so that we can cruise more often and only book a balcony or even ocean view if the process are similar. 

If I were you, I'd ask for one more quote: two rooms.  Whether it's two inside rooms, or some other category, I am a big fan of having two rooms instead of one room for a family of 4. You get extra space, separation from the kids and an extra full bathroom. 

My understanding is that all rooms are tight and small and lack much room if any for your luggage.  That has been my experience on the smaller ships from RCI.  I think , and others can confirm, the only rooms that have more room would be when you start getting into suites, but that is a price point that is much higher, or at least too high for my budge.

Was wondering if anyone has any experience on the largest rooms on the Oasis class (Allure particularly) without jumping to the suites.

2 minutes ago, TOJason said:

My understanding is that all rooms are tight and small and lack much room if any for your luggage.  That has been my experience on the smaller ships from RCI.  I think , and others can confirm, the only rooms that have more room would be when you start getting into suites, but that is a price point that is much higher, or at least too high for my budge.

Was wondering if anyone has any experience on the largest rooms on the Oasis class (Allure particularly) without jumping to the suites.

I really liked the Central Park view room on the Allure.  The window seat provide a nice bit of extra space.  An added tip is to store the luggage under the bed.  If it doesn't fit immediately, try lifting the bed frame and then pushing it under.

More information on the room can be found here: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/01/07/photo-tour-of-category-cv-central-park-view-stateroom-allure-of-the-seas

We have managed 4 on vision with an outside view and 3 on freedom with a balcony.   It just didn't seem that insanely crowded,  but then i was usually out in the sun on the pool deck and my 13 year old was never in the room!   Jane

1 hour ago, Christie said:

There is no way I would put 4 people in a single inside room.  

My in-laws did this on Majesty, interior room.  2 female adults shared the bed, then my 9 & 10yo nephews used the pullman's...they hated it.  BUT, I know some people have no issues being that cramped.

6 hours ago, TOJason said:

Thanks for the tip, that is definitely useful! Great room! Love that bay seat!  Do they have pullman beds in there and is the sofa a bed as well?

Cheers!

I don't recall if there was a Pullman as they're recessed into the ceiling in the newer ships, so that don't stand out. There soda itself turned into a bed.