Formal Nights on Scandinavian and Russian Cruise

TOJason

Hi there!

Was wondering if anyone knows if there are any formal nights on the Scandavian & Russian Cruise (Serenade of the Seas - July'17).  There is only one night that the ship is at sea and wanted to know if they have one or if it is the normal dining every night.  With all the changes in restaurants on board the ships now, wasn't sure if they still did them and wanted to pack appropriately for the trip!

Thanks!

You will have two formal nights based on my experience in the Serenade last summer. For what it's worth, I wore a pair a dress pants, a dress shirt, and a tie and did not stand out given that I wasn't wearing a suit. I saw others less formally dressed, too, but I always go with a tie on formal night. 

1 hour ago, MikeK said:

Went on the Baltic Sea cruise last summer Navigator of the Seas.  That was the first cruise I have been on that lobster wasnt offered on formal night.  

Lobster isn't served in the MDR on any of the European cruises. 

3 minutes ago, TOJason said:

So no lobster, and dress is all over the place then!

So a suit with bowtie to dress it up would fit in then?  Wanted to minimize the packing and not have to take a tux and a suit.

Cheers!

That would be fine. I was slacks, dress shirt, and tie and did not feel uncomfortable or out of place. 

12 minutes ago, DocLC said:

Lobster isn't served in the MDR on any of the European cruises. 

I went on 12 day Med cruise in 2012 and they served lobster but the dining room was about half full and our server said that very few people ordered lobster.  My guess is that may have been the beginning of the end for lobster on European cruises.  I also make RC pay dearly on lobster night!