Thrill Water Park price increase

ikillratz

I am booked on Wonder of the Seas for March '24.  Looking at the water park and the discounted price is $188.  All other posts seem to mention it is around $75 or less.  Did they raise the price or will it get discounted more?  Was also looking at the Cabana and Thrill Water Park combo but that is $1,699.  Will these prices go down since we are so far out from our cruise date.  It says only 7 cabanas left with the Thrill Park admission included.

Screenshot_20230412_092810_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230412_092827_Chrome.jpg

The only time you really see a significant decrease in the waterpark prices of for the Black Friday sale when they are often 50% off. As was already said, the prices could go up or could go down between now and your sailing date. In general, prices will go up over the long term. If this is something that you want to do, book now. If the price goes up, you are locked in. If it goes down, you can cancel the old reservation and rebook at the lower price. 

23 hours ago, ikillratz said:

I am booked on Wonder of the Seas for March '24.  Looking at the water park and the discounted price is $188.  All other posts seem to mention it is around $75 or less.  Did they raise the price or will it get discounted more?  Was also looking at the Cabana and Thrill Water Park combo but that is $1,699.  Will these prices go down since we are so far out from our cruise date.  It says only 7 cabanas left with the Thrill Park admission included.

Screenshot_20230412_092810_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230412_092827_Chrome.jpg

Harmony May 20th 2023 sailing.  I booked the waterpark for $50/pp during the last Black Friday sale.  I would have a hard time paying $88/pp for the waterpark.

Screenshot 2023-04-13 084408.png

Screenshot 2023-04-13 084350.png

Literally 2 hours ago I booked Thrill Water Park for $88/person for August (on Freedom OTS).  High, but tolerable.  I wouldn't have done it if it was just my wife and I, but the kids are dying to do the slides.  Even with the kids, I would not have paid over $100 I don't think. $188 is intolerably high IMO.  

I know Royal does this dynamic/flex pricing thing, but it's a little hard to fully understand the extent of the variance from day to day.  20-30%?  Sure, I can see that.  200-250%? Kinda crazy.  

I'm sitting on $207.  That's a hard pass for sure.  We like Thrill at $85, can tolerate it at $100.  Beyond that there are just too many other options one of which is the ship itself.  The slides are fun, but fun is not in short supply.

This particular sailing is May 2024 so I'm feeling that maybe the price is just remaining super high to prevent sellouts before a large portion of cruisers even book their cruise.

image.png.f6e494d9f06810d7ea1b79fa16ce6390.png

I'm looking at $133 and there's just no way, especially knowing how busy the lines get. Since I'd be going by myself (traveling with my mom and she is very much not a thrill slide person) there's probably a bunch of slides I couldn't even do (experienced this on Liberty 😭) and for the ones I could do, maybe I'd go down each one twice? at best When we got the De Palm day pass in Aruba that has slides at the beach, I did those twice in a row then once before we had to leave. There wasn't enough time to do more than that after wanting to soak up the soak, eat lunch, see the flamingos and bounce around in the ocean. With all that CocoCay offers, I imagine it's even worse. With long lines, high towers and a million activities I can't see anyone really getting their money worth unless they spend all day at the park.

image.png.651b76a53ed6f51beece564a71856d89.png