adventure vs freedom vs serenade

Looking at booking our next cruise and we've only been on Oasis class ships thus far, but looking at some of the shorter sailings out of Ft. Lauderdale. 

What are the main differences between Adventure, Freedom and Serenade? 

Would you have a preference of one over based on ship only?

Freedom is the predecessor to Oasis and Adventure is in the class that was the predecessor to Freedom.  All have ice skating rinks, indoor promenades, deck activities, etc.  Serenade is the least like the others.  She is significantly smaller, but offers sea views from just about anywhere on the ship, including from some of the elevators.  I spent two weeks on Serenade on her Baltics run and enjoyed the ship very much, although my wife did miss the Royal Promenade.

Freedom and Adventure are both large ships, whereas Serenade is a smaller ship.  That being said, size alone isn't the entire premise of what makes a ship great or not.

Kids or no kids on this cruise? 

I'd also say the itinerary each ship is doing may be a big factor in picking one over the other.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Freedom and Adventure are both large ships, whereas Serenade is a smaller ship.  That being said, size alone isn't the entire premise of what makes a ship great or not.

Kids or no kids on this cruise? 

I'd also say the itinerary each ship is doing may be a big factor in picking one over the other.

If kids, teenagers. 

Which one would be closest to Oasis class? Husband  has only been on Oasis class (ever) and I know he wants to take his side of the family now and show them all of the same cool things. I guess we could still do Allure, Harmony is out of my budget, but we do like the itineraries for the smaller ships better

One caveat about Adventure -- she'll be re-homing from San Juan to NJ spring / summer next year to do NE / Canada cruises and some other itineraries where Anthem can't go due to her size. In her place, Freedom will re-home to San Juan. So depending on your time frame, that could affect your decision.

I think I read that Adventure would return to the Florida / San Juan ports for the winter months and not just be in NJ for those seasonal cruises, so you may still be able to sail her if you have flexibility with your travel times.

1 minute ago, JLMoran said:

One caveat about Adventure -- she'll be re-homing from San Juan to NJ spring / summer next year to do NE / Canada cruises and some other itineraries where Anthem can't go due to her size. In her place, Freedom will re-home to San Juan. So depending on your time frame, that could affect your decision.

I think I read that Adventure would return to the Florida / San Juan ports for the winter months and not just be in NJ for those seasonal cruises, so you may still be able to sail her if you have flexibility with your travel times.

The Adventure will be in Ft. Lauderdale in the fall of 2018.  I'm guessing it's not headed back to San Juan any time soon (as a home port).

2 hours ago, SFLcruiser said:

Which one would be closest to Oasis class? Husband  has only been on Oasis class (ever) and I know he wants to take his side of the family now and show them all of the same cool things. I guess we could still do Allure, Harmony is out of my budget, but we do like the itineraries for the smaller ships better

Freedom, hands down.

3 hours ago, SFLcruiser said:

If kids, teenagers. 

Ive been on both freedom and adventure.   Freedom is bigger,  and has more,  but adventure will be done with all its refurbishments.  My youngest teen was happy on freedom and loved the fact that it was bigger and had more kids on board to meet ...that might be a problem with serenade.  Freedom also had more specialty dining and a sorrentos pizza, which adventure didn't.   Jane