Embarkation Day

I believe I recall from Matt's navigator review that some bars but but not all could open while in port. Being from Texas, some bizarre antiquated liquor law wouldn't surprise me a bit. My home county just went wet within the last 3 years.

Ok, am I reading this correctly ?? The bars aren't open until Monday when we get to international waters due to Texas ABC laws ?? The cruise compass shows the drink of the day as some sort of Mai Tai. What's the deal on getting drinks on Sunday ???

If that is true, bars and shops will open shortly after the cruise sets sail and into the ocean. Don't sweat it. You won't go without.  ;)

I posted the Navigator Cruise Compass from our July 13 cruise and it has a notice on the Day 1 pages. Texas law limits the selection of alcoholic beverages that will be available but only until they reach international waters. They also state this will limit the number of bars that will be open until they reach international waters. After that it is full speed ahead as far as bar operations go. We definitely saw people ordering drinks before we sailed. Pre-ordered bottles of wine are the only thing that is delayed until Monday.