When Are You Coming Royal Caribbean?

According to an article in the Los Angeles Times, nearly all of the major "main stream" cruise lines will be sailing from California to Mexico. The exception - Royal Caribbean!

http://fw.to/0qc72Kh

Princess will be putting one their biggest ships here along with many others. Joining numerous Princess ships are ships from Carnival, NCL, Holland America, and even Disney. 

2 hours ago, monorailmedic said:

I'm sure it's someone's job at RCI to look at how many people passengers from west of the Mississippi, what types of cruises they take, and how loyal they are to the brand.  

So what you're saying is you know who we have to email to get this information.

5 hours ago, PRC said:

You mean there are actually people who still want to go to Ensenada, Acapulco, and PV???

That's like a 7 night cruise to Nassau, Freeport, and Nassau again!

:P

Actually, most of those cruises are doing that many Mexico itineraries.  Many of them are alternating with Hawaii itineraries (15 nights) and/or Pacific Coastals going north with Victoria as the foreign port stop.  We did a Pacific Coastal on Celebrity and thought it was fabulous.  No sea days, overnighted in San Francisco, and even had an enjoyable tour of the wineries in Ensenada.

My brother just did a Mexican Riviera Cruise on the Carnival Miracle.  Acapulco was replaced with a second day in Cabo due to crime.  Puerto Vallarta is getting bad too.  I'm surprised the lines are adding itineraries there.  

The ships mentioned in the article are no bigger than the Voyager class.  It would be difficult to move anything bigger into the Pacific, although the Voyager, Mariner, and Explorer are already there as well as the Radiance of the Seas. 

What's really needed is a cold weather ship like Anthem as it can get chili during the winter especially headed north. If they brought that ship here and did coastal cruising up to Victoria and back, if bet it would be popular. The problem is that they know they can make more money sailing from NJ, so that's not going to happen. 

@RCVoyager The coastal cruises would avoid this issue. However, regarding crime, I think it's more perception than reality. Have you seen the crime statistics for the Bahamas and Jamaica?  Those aren't safe places statistically speaking, but that hasn't stopped the cruise lines from sailing there. 

46 minutes ago, DocLC said:

What's really needed is a cold weather ship like Anthem as it can get chili during the winter especially headed north. If they brought that ship here and did coastal cruising up to Victoria and back, if bet it would be popular. The problem is that they know they can make more money sailing from NJ, so that's not going to happen. 

@RCVoyager The coastal cruises would avoid this issue. However, regarding crime, I think it's more perception than reality. Have you seen the crime statistics for the Bahamas and Jamaica?  Those aren't safe places statistically speaking, but that hasn't stopped the cruise lines from sailing there. 

Hey Doc.  I don't disagree with you regarding crime, but perception is reality.  Many Americans see the drug cartels on Mexican Pacific Coast as a problem.  It doesn't detour anyone on the gulf side, but it does on the Pacific side.

The mainstream news chooses which stories to cover, and the cartel shootings in Western Mexico are the story of choice by the American Media.  I can site a million more examples, but I won't as it will turn political very quickly, and nobody wants that here.

On 6/1/2017 at 7:16 AM, DocLC said:

According to an article in the Los Angeles Times, nearly all of the major "main stream" cruise lines will be sailing from California to Mexico. The exception - Royal Caribbean!

http://fw.to/0qc72Kh

Princess will be putting one their biggest ships here along with many others. Joining numerous Princess ships are ships from Carnival, NCL, Holland America, and even Disney. 

All positive signs the glass is half full and filing.