Had such a good time on Wonder I booked 4 more cruises! Who else is this obsessed with cruising?

My day to day life is fairly boring and sometimes stressful(work, eat, gym, sleep, etc.) Feel so alive at sea, watching the ocean from my balcony, the food and other activities are added perks. Got back home and booked another cruise on Wonder, after already having one booked on Odyssey 9 nights to the Greek Isles. After a couple weeks I remembered how much I like Coco Cay and would like to go there twice, so booked a b2b on Voyager.🤣 Gives me something to look forward to the next 2 years. I definitely prefer this over land based vacations right now. Why do you cruise?

I understand @Starrynight0154......we have a sailing this weekend but no more Royal trips planned after that.    Seeing my Royal login show 0 cruises planned would be depressing.   Hope to visit NextCruise and find something for 2024 like the Vision 12 nighter from Baltimore or trying Wonder for the first time. 

Anyone have a great itinerary that we should consider?

I go thru cycles with vacationing. I am a recovering Vegas visitor, and the thing I like(d) about Vegas (much like cruising) it can be whatever I want it to be.  A chill several days of beaches and watching the world go by, foodie pursuits, debauched nights of drinking/gambling/barhopping, whatever.

We have 3 cruises booked now, and I will book spring 2025 as soon as it opens.

We just got our youngest daughter married and a son in college so I still try to be smart with the budgeting.

But I get it completely. I'd go on 2 a year and maybe 3.

For our 40th anniversary, my husband and I wanted to tour Italy.  Due to the price and timing, we had to restrict ourselves to the Umbria and Tuscany area.  Some how I was able to slip a cruise between Barcelona and Rome under his nose.  What he does not know, won't hurt him.  Or at least until the bills start to arrive.  🙂  Ciao!

3 hours ago, Va4fam said:

I understand @Starrynight0154......we have a sailing this weekend but no more Royal trips planned after that.    Seeing my Royal login show 0 cruises planned would be depressing.   Hope to visit NextCruise and find something for 2024 like the Vision 12 nighter from Baltimore or trying Wonder for the first time. 

Anyone have a great itinerary that we should consider?

Jewel of the Seas out of San Juan February of 2024. The cruise is going down to Trinidad and Tobago. Also some other nice stops on the way.  I think we will be in Trinidad for Carnival.  We love staying in San Juan and cruising from Puerta Rico 

6 hours ago, Starrynight0154 said:

My day to day life is fairly boring and sometimes stressful(work, eat, gym, sleep, etc.) Feel so alive at sea, watching the ocean from my balcony, the food and other activities are added perks. Got back home and booked another cruise on Wonder, after already having one booked on Odyssey 9 nights to the Greek Isles. After a couple weeks I remembered how much I like Coco Cay and would like to go there twice, so booked a b2b on Voyager.🤣 Gives me something to look forward to the next 2 years. I definitely prefer this over land based vacations right now. Why do you cruise?

In my world, you're still a newbie...

You've got to graduate to much longer cruises, back-to-backs, etc.

We've done 64 cruises now...and have 5 coming up in the next year...including leaving this Sunday for Rio de Janeiro to do a 13-night cruise on  Celebrity Infinity to Lisbon on April 13 followed by a 7-night Mediterranean on Symphony of the Seas...and not returning home for a month!  We follow that, in August with Alaska on Quantum of the Seas...and, next March with back-to-back 12-nighters in Japan on Celebrity Millennium.  We will, very likely, add a few "short" 7-nighters to fill in a few of the gaps...

We "discovered" cruising many years ago, when our kids were very young, as the better way to take a family vacation--I didn't have to drive...or figure out where we were going to eat...or how we were going to entertain ourselves...and there was plenty for the kids.   Now (though we're taking our now "grown" kids on that Alaska cruise), we just cruise to relax, see new places, be served and entertained...and we enjoy meeting other cruisers, visiting new places (though we're starting to run short on those)...and just, generally, enjoy life...at sea...

Obsessed? …or addicted? 
Of course not. I have a reason.

@Matt previously commented about a possible risk of frequent cruising. How it’s possible that cruising too often may take away some of the enjoyment of planning, and the anticipation that comes as the cruise date gets closer. Interesting hypothesis. Challenge accepted! 😂

6E17EE8D-AB5A-4442-ADA6-27243DF42ABB.thumb.jpeg.538779b7d5ea46e086facd1d769eec8c.jpeg

We feel the same way! We can't cruise as often as we'd like to right now (work gets in the way 😆), but we decided a couple of years ago we would never disembark a sailing without having at least one in the hopper! Takes the sting out of disembarking and heading back home!

For us, nothing beats the relaxation of being at sea... add the food, entertainment, and ports of call... what's not to love! I'm also the guy that geeks out over the ship itself... way too many photos of each ship!  😎

My son is the one that really got us cruising. He's mostly about the ship, so working our way through the Oasis and Quantum inventories. He was badly affected by the shutdown period and decided the heck with it, YOLO. So we're currently averaging about 5 cruises a year. We're starting to branch out looking at destinations. He and I are doing a B2B in May. Then the family is doing a transatlantic from Barcelona. Doing Ireland Iceland with celebrity next year. Planning for additional European cruises, Panama Canal, and maybe a Transpacific. He also mentioned Antarctica. Lots to see in the world. I'm spending his inheritance but we're enjoying  our time together as my wife and I approach 70. My current cruise count is 8, but we've only got one booked for 2025.

I never let my count get to 0. 😂 Have 3 currently booked (Wonder, Allure, Icon), waiting for November to pounce on Alaska 2025 (a re-book from last summer when we had to cancel due to Covid), started shopping an ABC on Oasis for 2025. Need something for Fall 2024. Those are usually a 4 night out of PC. 2026 will be back to Europe. Wanted to do one 2024 but I waited too long and good cabins gone. *Might* look at Viking River Cruise instead. I’ve never cheated on Royal before but they don’t offer river cruises. 

I have to admit cruising lost some of the luster on the last sailing...however I have another that leaves on the 30th and it happens to be on WOS which is new to us...and one that goes out in September on the Allure which we have sailed on several times, PLUS, a next booking that I haven't as yet assigned. We are getting close to D+ which is nice and something I have looked forward to. So, I guess I will have to see how I feel when I disembark on 5/7. I can't say that this upcoming cruise is at the same level of anticipation as the others have been. Perhaps the last one has a little to do with it but I believe it is primarily due to all the 'happenings and challenges' that we are dealing with at the moment.