Passport processing times

jaygee2729

I was just going through this to see what the fastest possible time would be for someone to get their passport. It currently appears to be 10 weeks- that's 7-9 weeks for processing, and another week for mailing. They can do emergencies if you call the State Department directly, though I don't know what timing on that might be. Ugh.

3 hours ago, Cactus527 said:

I *will* say that when I renewed my passport 2 years ago, the wait time was listed at 12 weeks just for normal passport renewals. I actually got mine back within 4 weeks, which was quite a surprise. Hopefully they're overestimating time!

Last January we used the expedited service which was listed as taking 7-8 weeks. We had our passports in less than three weeks.

They have been using "staffing shortages" as the excuse for delays for over two years now. There's a simple solution - hire more people.

My family seems to be on the lower end of the delayed times. The State Department had all of ours in February, so we should *hopefully* have everything before our trip in July. I did reach out to my congressman's office, and they advised that if I don't have them in my hand by Memorial Day to contact them back and they'll work some magic. She did say any power they had was because we had ours in and received before the March onslaught that has made times go as high as 16 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...