Suggestions on carrying oxygen on board

Gagurl

Hello. My husband is on oxygen and we will be bringing his portable and stationary machines. We will also have 2 cpap machines and a carry on.He will be riding a mobility scooter. 

Any suggestions on how we're going to carry all this medical equipment on board and carry around until our cabin is ready?

• Gagurl changed the title to Suggestions on carrying oxygen on board

My oldest son is on oxygen and we've had him on cruises. For our experience we've done it a few different ways. Follow the link provided by mk-utra to let the cruise line know.

First time on Royal we brought a portable concentrator (on wheels), one cylinder off the back of his wheelchair and 3 D cylinder tanks in a carry-on roller suitcase (suprisingly they fit perfectly in the suitcase). He had a nebulizer as well which he carried on his lap. This wasn't the most comfortable boarding as I had to carry all that around until the room was ready. Unfortunately my youngest son was too young to really help out. Once onboard we just kind of found a chair on the deck and sat there until our room was ready.

The cruises after that we've ordered oxygen to the ship (companies like special needs at sea). What they do is deliver the oxygen directly to your room (it's already in the room when your arrive) and pick it up after you leave. What I remember it's like $70 for the first tank and $10 for each additional one, you can also rent concentrators (although we haven't done that). We still bring a portable concentrator with us. For us it makes for a much more manageable and relaxing first day