Am I wasting money?

Hi Friends, 

First time cruisers, I wanted to run something by more experienced RCL guests. 

We're gonna be on Adventure of the Seas in May. We put in a Royalup suite bid to an Owners Suite which was accepted. We also have dining and drink packages. 

I currently have the key booked as well but after looking at things I think the benefits largely overlap the benefits suite guests already get?

Is that true?

What do you think?

You probably will be better off canceling the Key and paying for internet if you need it. The suite will get you priority boarding,  suite activities and seating. Plus the departure options will be similar for suite guests. With the dining package, if unlimited, you will be able to eat embarkation lunch at any open specialty restaurants and the concierge will make your reservations. You are imho wasting money by having the Key.

3 hours ago, Daniel L said:

Hi Friends, 

We're gonna be on Adventure of the Seas in May. We put in a Royalup suite bid to an Owners Suite which was accepted. We also have dining and drink packages. 

I currently have the key booked as well but after looking at things I think the benefits largely overlap the benefits suite guests already get?

Is that true?

What do you think?

Wow congrats on winning that Royal Up…on your very first cruise!  Enjoy!

6 hours ago, Daniel L said:

Hi Friends, 

Is that true?

What do you think?

How much was the winning bid? 

3 hours ago, Daniel L said:

I dropped the key, we should get internet free with our suite right?

Not on Adventure. Free Internet for suite guests is only on Quantum and Oasis class ships. You'll have to buy an Internet package but that will still be a good bit cheaper than the key. Buy it in the cruise planner as it's more expensive to buy on board.

10 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Not on Adventure. Free Internet for suite guests is only on Quantum and Oasis class ships. You'll have to buy an Internet package but that will still be a good bit cheaper than the key. Buy it in the cruise planner as it's more expensive to buy on board.

Will do. It does feel a bit silly its not fleet-wide though.

12 hours ago, FionaMG said:

internet is free for suite guests on Oasis and Quantum class, really?  i have never heard this. I'll be on Spectrum next year in a JS so is the JS included?

I did find this online, but it doesn't specifically say which class of ships: 

Royal Suite Class Star and Sky guests will enjoy the Surf + Stream package. Surf the web, stay in touch via email, share vacation photos on social media, stream music and movies from Spotify or Netflix and connect using video chat apps such as Skype.

One device per person for each guest booked in a Star or Sky suite may be used. Internet service is available throughout the ship. Internet access ends at 8:00 a.m. on the morning of departure. Works on one device at a time.

18 minutes ago, D Alt said:

internet is free for suite guests on Oasis and Quantum class, really?  i have never heard this. I'll be on Spectrum next year in a JS so is the JS included?

Royal Suite Class Star and Sky guests will enjoy the Surf + Stream package. Surf the web, stay in touch via email, share vacation photos on social media, stream music and movies from Spotify or Netflix and connect using video chat apps such as Skype.

One device per person for each guest booked in a Star or Sky suite may be used. Internet service is available throughout the ship. Internet access ends at 8:00 a.m. on the morning of departure. Works on one device at a time.

Junior suite is Sea Class. No internet 

35 minutes ago, D Alt said:

This slightly complicates things... That makes it sound like I will have internet?

Maybe I should wait.. Idk

21 minutes ago, Daniel L said:

This slightly complicates things... That makes it sound like I will have internet?

Maybe I should wait.. Idk

Royal Suites (Sea/Sky/Star) are only on Quantum and Oasis-class ships.  You will not have complimentary internet with a suite on Adventure.  Prepurchase internet if you want it (which, as someone said, will be cheaper than The Key itself).

22 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Royal Suites (Sea/Sky/Star) are only on Quantum and Oasis-class ships.  You will not have complimentary internet with a suite on Adventure.  Prepurchase internet if you want it (which, as someone said, will be cheaper than The Key itself).

Ohhhhhh..... I was confusing royal suite with well the suite model will the same name, I thought sea sky and star are universal. I do feel like RCL made this more confusing than it needed to be. Will book internet though.

IDK what im doing really.

1 hour ago, Daniel L said:

Ohhhhhh..... I was confusing royal suite with well the suite model will the same name, I thought sea sky and star are universal. I do feel like RCL made this more confusing than it needed to be. Will book internet though.

IDK what im doing really.

Many are confused by Royal marketing and the inconsistent suite product across the fleet.  None of us can explain it. 

Royal's president states that the suites like your Royal Suite on older ships are so much cheaper they couldn't possibly include internet.  Yet the full suites on older ships never seem cheap to me.   🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Many are confused by Royal marketing and the inconsistent suite product across the fleet.  None of us can explain it. 

Royal's president states that the suites like your Royal Suite on older ships are so much cheaper they couldn't possibly include internet.  Yet the full suites on older ships never seem cheap to me.   🤷‍♂️

Thank you... I think I really needed validation that this was overly confusing. I'll go book internet.

11 hours ago, D Alt said:

OMG!! How long has this been going on? I've only sailed quantum and Oasis and buying the internet package for 2 people!!??? Never mind checked pass cruise planner and did it only for a junior suite. Whew!!