When your kids turn 18

Bowen

2 hours ago, Bowen said:

When your kids are young they share your status, but when they turn 18 they do not retain that status but go back to their points, is that correct? 

Its a ymmv but based on the information yes they revert to their points status.  So if they only have 80pts but share your diamond plus status they may revert to diamond instead. However, there are a lot of inconsistencies. There are reports of people getting the status of their friends and family, as well as reports of children keeping their parents status when they reach adulthood.

My daughter turns 18 in a year and a half. On a recent all to C&A to make my D+ amenity request (for the toiletry bag, which I do not recommend), I also asked them to check the points for both my kids to make sur4e they make my records. Anyway, the C&A rep did tell me that in a year and a half, she would retain our status but keep her own points.

20 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

@Lovetocruise2002I hope that is the case. I encountered a few youths who status reverted to their points. But it would be about the same. They might keep status and not move until points match up and to me that's a good deal.

In our case it wouldn't really matter. My kids are very lucky. They will reach D+ on their own by this summer. We've taken them this far, they're on their own after this lol

There is a real time example of how parents with Diamond status passed it on to 3 children, who also passed it on to there spouses and again have now passed it on to 20+ grandchildren. 

I absolutely see the reason to give status to younger children, but at some point those children need to earn it on there own.