Splitting up dining option purchases?

Hello,

Very new to cruising. We were on Monarch about 10 years ago with my grandparents and they handled all the planning.

We are going on Wonder in August as a family, there is 4 of us, 2 adults and 2 children. I would love to get the Chops +1 package for all of us, but I'm wondering if I can reserve the 2 adults one month and our 2 kids in a next month (obviously the reservation times would all be the same)?

Or is that just a dumb move because I'm not guaranteed reservations times?

Yes you can do that in theory, but two potential hiccups: 1) you will run the risk that the Chops +1 package will sell out between now and a month when you buy the other two. If your cruise is a ways out, that’s not likely. 2) You run the risk of that specific time slot for your courtesy reservation being sold out. When you book for 2, RC thinks you need a table for 2. However during the month, all of their tables for 4 for that time could book out for that time slot. 

if you do run into either issue, visit Chops asap when you board and they will get everything sorted out one way or another…just a minor hassle. You just may not have as many day and time options than had you booked all at once. You are more likely to be fine than not.

18 minutes ago, Ryan79 said:

Yes you can do that in theory, but two potential hiccups: 1) you will run the risk that the Chops +1 package will sell out between now and a month when you buy the other two. If your cruise is a ways out, that’s not likely. 2) You run the risk of that specific time slot for your courtesy reservation being sold out. When you book for 2, RC thinks you need a table for 2. However during the month, all of their tables for 4 for that time could book out for that time slot. 

if you do run into either issue, visit Chops asap when you board and they will get everything sorted out one way or another…just a minor hassle. You just may not have as many day and time options than had you booked all at once. You are more likely to be fine than not.

Hmm...I hadn't thought about the reservations being sold out. Or RC thinking I only needed a table for 2. 

I appreciate it!