At What Point?

deep1

Some might remember my months long fight to get control of an FCC issued to my Fiancé's daughter in error from a cancelled cruise years back.  We had that matter solved or so I was told. Tried to put it to work a couple months ago on Oasis but there was a glitch. They said they fixed. Tried to use it a few days ago for Alaska booking. Glitch again. Got with the right people and rather than re-issue as FCC they were going to refund. That hit my bank account yesterday morning.  

So that should  be that... Looked at my booking that I paid in full the other day and now it shows "Balance due" for the same amount as the refund! I called and they claimed that I redeemed it "on a cruise that was cancelled and it was issued for" and they want it back!!!!!! So rather than notify me they took money from my paid in full booking to take the refund money back?  That would be like going into someone's bank account with no notification or permissions to pay for something unrelated to that account.

About the FCCs involved: I couldn't apply it ever because it was issued to a minor in error and not in my name. That only was resolved a couple months ago and this was the first booking since! So, no it had never been applied to anything. Do I throw up my hands and give in or do I spend countless hours on the phone spinning my wheels?  Glitch after glitch, steady stream of mistakes, never in clients favor. At what point does "loyal to royal" go out the window!???? 

Yes I think there is a point at which, for the sake of your sanity, you may have to let it go.  It’s not for me to say if the amount due is or isn’t worth it.  Have you tried emailing mbayley@rccl.com?  My brother and I were able to get a timely and very gracious response from someone on the team there.

Best of luck whatever you decide.

Six hours of tire spinning. They tried to say "refunded" against the back drop of the cancelled cruise.... I had my receipt ready and the FCCs in question were nowhere near that cruise booking and they refunded others. Today, the fcc system is down. How convenient! Call back next week if I'm lucky?

Today they tossed up a new balance due for the same amount. That was by "accident"???? At least they said sorry. Still no receipt for amount paid last night and they altered the amount on the invoice showing for my payment in full. My bank account at least reflects the real honest story... 

I also have the invoice from the day of booking showing paid in full. 

16 hours ago, Pooch said:

Yes I think there is a point at which, for the sake of your sanity, you may have to let it go.  It’s not for me to say if the amount due is or isn’t worth it.  Have you tried emailing mbayley@rccl.com?  My brother and I were able to get a timely and very gracious response from someone on the team there.

Best of luck whatever you decide.

I really hate bugging execs on low priority problems but last night was more or less strong arm extortion. Its several hundred dollars at stake so not end of world nor is it just pocket change... 

Demanding that I pay full amount (although final payment date would be May 30) or have it cancelled and them keep the whole fare is wrong on any level! Today I provided hard proof in the form of the invoice showing what FCCs were used and refunded (Not the ones from this refund) and they refused to look at it/ them. Sorry, when they take money from a paid in full cruise and require immediate repayment of that amount for something that I'm genuinely owed that is theft! No sugar coating that one. Its a criminal act at this point. Mikes office is working on a real resolution. 

8 hours ago, deep1 said:

I really hate bugging execs on low priority problems but last night was more or less strong arm extortion. Its several hundred dollars at stake so not end of world nor is it just pocket change... 

Demanding that I pay full amount (although final payment date would be May 30) or have it cancelled and them keep the whole fare is wrong on any level! Today I provided hard proof in the form of the invoice showing what FCCs were used and refunded (Not the ones from this refund) and they refused to look at it/ them. Sorry, when they take money from a paid in full cruise and require immediate repayment of that amount for something that I'm genuinely owed that is theft! No sugar coating that one. Its a criminal act at this point. Mikes office is working on a real resolution. 

Mike???

this type thing would drive me batty. On principle I would likely spend whatever time it took to feel I'd reached a satisfactory resolution. (BTW I dont advise you have the same viewpoint on that I do lol)

I have a semi-humorous FCC story. We had a couple of cruises cxd during covid, all of them with multiple of our kids on them. One had my sons friend (both minors). *As far as I can tell* (and I looked pretty closely because I'm like that) they issued the friends FCC in my sons name.

Now, whether or not I got the full 125% I am not really sure.  It was issued in what felt like 20 different credits between fare/packages.  

The semi-humorous part just happened last week or so. I sent my C&A numbers of my wife and I to their social media thinking they could see if we had any FCC left.  They replied that all FCC had been used.  I then got one of their 'why not use your FCC credit on one of these great cruises!' emails.  That email had a certificate number and an amount of $212.  I was able to call in and get that FCC applied to a booking I have for this August.

@brdjnr I wouldn't be surprised if they figure out at some later date that you were not entitled to that "extra" FCC and want the money back like they did with @deep1.

I had a situation where I was trying to make final payment and they couldn't tell me how much I owed? There was a refund I was due from a cancelled cruise planner purchase that was "stuck in limbo". So how was I supposed to complete final payment? My TA had me pay what our records indicated was owed. Since I had prepaid gratuities and that amount exceeded the disputed amount we felt covered. It was weeks after final payment before it got settled with several refunds and charges for the amount in question hitting my card over a couple days. You hear stories of folks having their cruises cancelled over nonpayment for minor amounts so it would make me nervous.

46 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Yes I just thought it was “chummy” of you to call him Mike.

I'm the CEO and principal shareholder in a company. If his reps are going to call me by my first name instead of Mister ******** or "Sir" (Which I don't mind). I'm going to return the favor. 😄 My dad was a Fortune 500 CEO and he preferred people to call him by his first name. Old habits are hard to break. We have enough formality in our world. Easing up facilitates effective dialog. 

Really almost have to laugh. THey tried to tell me these FCCs were generated March 2022 from an Anthem cancellation. Insistent even! They got real quiet when I showed the same FCCs as having been issued before a Symphony cruise in November 2021... Made even better by sending them to a link here from same time of me pitching a fit that They couldn't be used cause they were issued in Minor Daughter of Fiancé name and I couldn't use. 

17 minutes ago, Pooch said:

I applaud your patience and fortitude.  I know this isn’t the first problem (or maybe it’s just one LOOOOONG problem?) you’ve had with Royal and FCCs.  

This is the same continued problems with FCC's that never were supposed to even be FCCs...  About two years and its still a problem. 

I moved away from the phone.  Taking this to writing where there is a distinct trail of who said what. Phones "May be recorded" but might not! They keep saying my FCCs were used and "say" where but provide no proof. I provide receipts as proof that those FCCs were nowhere near the reservation number they claim.  This is all diverting away from them going into an unrelated transaction account with no notice and taking money from a paid in full cruise to fix their error. Again no mention of the failed refund or the move to use my money had ever been made known to me. If I hadn't caught the balance due,  they would have cancelled and taken my paid in full fare as their own! That sure seems like a clear attempt to defraud by omission. 

KInda like a bank teller going into your account because thought she made a mistake cashing a check on another account! 

Supervisor: "We refunded you". Me: "You went into a paid in full account not related and created a balance due situation! to negate that refund (which was due) And you never let me know!