Last minute deals...Going Going Gone link

D Alt

1 hour ago, D Alt said:

Where is the link for the Going Going Gone PDF?  i see older links for older dates, but can't find a current one.  

here is the most recent one i can find, but still behind in the date.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event_USD.pdf

that is the same link for the one i have bookmarked but it doesn't look like they've updated it recently...  i think they may have skipped last week? i usually find it updated by the weekend.

I was reading on Matt's blog a few days ago and he states that the Going,Going,Gone list is on the RC website and I have yet to find it.  We have plenty of cruises booked for this year and next but it's nice to look. 

At this point I am really wanting RC to prove themselves and make the customer service and food more consistent.  We are booked for the first time on Celebrity next year and if we are impressed then we may cruise on  RC for only family trips.  When it's just us I think Celebrity may be the type of ship we are interested in for relaxation.

13 hours ago, Montemy2419 said:

We are booked for the first time on Celebrity next year and if we are impressed then we may cruise on  RC for only family trips.  When it's just us I think Celebrity may be the type of ship we are interested in for relaxation.

It is funny you mentioned this.  I was thinking of going on the smaller/older RCL ships for just my husband and I and using the larger/newer ships for family trips.

6 hours ago, FireFishII said:

It is funny you mentioned this.  I was thinking of going on the smaller/older RCL ships for just my husband and I and using the larger/newer ships for family trips.

Do you happen to watch "The Weekend Cruiser" on YT ?  He sticks to just the smaller ships and lives in Florida so he is gone almost every weekend.  I have learned a lot from him and that is why we are on Liberty of the Seas next month.  Since we have to fly in I was only looking at 7 day or longer cruises and Brandon on his channel explained about linking together several 3 or 4 day cruises.  I had never considered doing that and since Liberty only does the short cruises we thought that looked like a fun ship.  We have been on Freedom,Adventure and loved them.  Smaller ships are fantastic and I think in about 15-20 years they will be running sales on the larger ships because they can't fill them.

18 hours ago, Montemy2419 said:

Do you happen to watch "The Weekend Cruiser" on YT ?  He sticks to just the smaller ships and lives in Florida so he is gone almost every weekend.  I have learned a lot from him and that is why we are on Liberty of the Seas next month.  Since we have to fly in I was only looking at 7 day or longer cruises and Brandon on his channel explained about linking together several 3 or 4 day cruises.  I had never considered doing that and since Liberty only does the short cruises we thought that looked like a fun ship.  We have been on Freedom,Adventure and loved them.  Smaller ships are fantastic and I think in about 15-20 years they will be running sales on the larger ships because they can't fill them.

I did not know that.  I will look Brandon up tonight.  Thanks!  The idea of 2 BTB short cruises makes a lot of sense.  I too fly in.

10 hours ago, FireFishII said:

I did not know that.  I will look Brandon up tonight.  Thanks!  The idea of 2 BTB short cruises makes a lot of sense.  I too fly in.

brandon is really easy to follow and his videos are chock full of info!

i had not considered linking two shorter cruises, but this is a great idea!!

if only i lived in florida and did not need to fly into cruise… 😩😂

I met Brandon during the restart.  Really nice person.  His circle of friends, a local group of frequent cruises invited me as a solo to join them in a nightly lounge setting.  It wasn't until weeks later I even connected him to his channel.  I cruise more from central Florida and I've haven't spent a lot of time cruising out of South Florida since but I know if I run into the circle of friends they'll not hesitate to welcome me back in.  Just very nice people.  

5 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Just curious, what day of the week is this usually updated?

Generally speaking it's Tuesday afternoons but some weeks it varies.  This week was published Monday so...  

Keep in mind the rates may be available before they publish so if someone stumbles across them as a deal they can be consumed before they publish the weekly document.  In some cases there may be only one or a few cabins at the advertised rate.  

On 3/27/2023 at 6:23 PM, D Alt said:

Where is the link for the Going Going Gone PDF?  i see older links for older dates, but can't find a current one.  

here is the most recent one i can find, but still behind in the date.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event_USD.pdf

Me too! My sister paid 7 thousand I think (possibly 6) for the balcony. Seems high. Wonder if there's a way to salvage a little of her moolah

Does Royal Caribbean have anything like a price guarantee?  I mentioned the sister.  As I was reading this post, I remembered that it seemed like her balcony was expensive.  She booked a balcony on our upcoming cruise for $1000 above the current price to book the most expensive balcony they have now.  RC told her that since the full amount due had passed, there was nothing to do.  Nobody's angry or anything.  We're all suuuper psyched for our upcoming trip.  But I wondered if anyone knew something she could do.  If it weren't a thousand, and she weren't about to move into a new place, I wouldn't bother y'all.  (BTW, my room price went way up.  So I'm not calling anyone lololol)

24 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Only thing you can do after final payment is upgrade. The amount she paid already would go towards the total value of the upgraded room, so if there's a good current price on suite, it could be worthwhile.

Thanks for that.  That explains the conversation my sister shared with me.  RC told sister there were no suites available for upgrade.  To which my sister asked "what are we all bidding on at Royal Up?"  RC said "that's different."  🙂 I think that makes sense actually.  And even the Junior Suite would be way way more than she's willing to pay.  I appreciate nobody making fun of my questions!  Thanks @AshleyDillo

2 hours ago, anneglubis said:

Does Royal Caribbean have anything like a price guarantee?  I mentioned the sister.  As I was reading this post, I remembered that it seemed like her balcony was expensive.  She booked a balcony on our upcoming cruise for $1000 above the current price to book the most expensive balcony they have now.  RC told her that since the full amount due had passed, there was nothing to do.  Nobody's angry or anything.  We're all suuuper psyched for our upcoming trip.  But I wondered if anyone knew something she could do.  If it weren't a thousand, and she weren't about to move into a new place, I wouldn't bother y'all.  (BTW, my room price went way up.  So I'm not calling anyone lololol)

Royal does allow you to reprice as long as you haven't passed final payment which is between 75-90 depending on length of cruise. If your cruise goes down withing 48 hours after booking and you haven't passed the final payment day, there is/was a price guarantee. 

12 hours ago, anneglubis said:

Thanks for that.  That explains the conversation my sister shared with me.  RC told sister there were no suites available for upgrade.  To which my sister asked "what are we all bidding on at Royal Up?"  RC said "that's different."  🙂 I think that makes sense actually.  And even the Junior Suite would be way way more than she's willing to pay.  I appreciate nobody making fun of my questions!  Thanks @AshleyDillo

They accept RoyalUp bids in case someone cancels at the last minute.  This does happen sometimes.  Otherwise if someone cancels a cabin it could sail empty or they'd give it away for free to a frequent cruiser.     Many times there are no RoyalUp bids to award since the suites are sold out. 

So yeah... RoyalUp is different and not a sure thing even with a very high bid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
22 hours ago, Steve0512 said:

Has anyone tried to book one of these? How does it work? Do you go to the RC website and search for that cruise and the reduced price will come up? Or do you need to call the sales department to get the price? Can you book these through a travel agent? Thanks.

They're basically advertised rates that are accurate when they print them, but they could sell out at any time.

If available, the rate would show up on the website. Nothing special to do, just gotta act quickly.

And yes, your TA can definitely book them.

Think of GGG as a "cheat sheet" to know this week's better deals.