A Taste of Royal Wine Pairing

Skierbri10

My wife and I are signed up for A Taste of Royal here in April.  We don't have the deluxe drink package but we do have a refreshment package.  We can get 25% off the wine pairing during the Taste of Royal.  My question is how much wine do they give you?  According to royal it is a 3oz pour of wine.  However, for those of you that have gotten the wine pairing add on, did they pour that or did they pour more wine?  Just trying to check the value of adding $20 to the lunch or not.  Thanks

It's been four years since I last did the wine tasting. Based on that experience, three ounces of each wine is a pretty accurate description.

Based on five ounces being a standard pour, the tasting is the equivalent of three glasses of wine, which would run you at least $36 (for lesser wines, IMO, than the tasting includes) at full price for individual pours.

We've done the Taste of Royal on Allure (last Dec) and Radiance (in Feb). Did the wine pairing both times. I can't remember the actual names of the wines, but they were different. Also different was the amount poured, it depended on your waiter. Allure was kinda minimal, which is good when you've got 4-5 to go through, but Radiance just kept on pouring despite my saying, "Whoa!" A good time was had by all. 🙂 We're going on Allure this coming weekend and doing the Taste again, as it's a good event to go to.