Housekeeping Changes - Room with 3+ guests

Sydnie

Hey all. First thing I want to say is please no negative comments about the changes, as I am simply looking for real experiences thus far. 

In my recent catching up, I noticed posts / comments / videos about housekeeping being once per day now (which is totally fine). However, I was wondering if anyone that has sailed on a ship with this new policy in place knows how this effects guests in a cabin with 3+ guests. Since housekeeping will only be visiting once a day, are we going to have to have the couch pulled out all day (or have to put it away / pull it out ourselves)? Or do they still come a second time just to work on the beds? Hoping someone here has real experience and not just hearsay. Thanks so much!

Sorry if this is a repeat question. I spent the last 2 hours trying to find the answer somewhere before posting here!

I have seen many discussions here about that very subject.  Since the changes haven't been rolled out fleet wide  everyone is still guessing at this point.  I have seen nothing clear about if we can pick AM or PM service or if it's chosen for us. 

Nothing about 3+ people in the room and after the mess up with the Atlantis Aquaventure incorrect pricing and the sale of Premier Pass, which we can't even get, I think RC is doing what they normally do and fly by the seat of their pants on implementation.

38 minutes ago, Sydnie said:

I was wondering if anyone that has sailed on a ship with this new policy in place knows how this effects guests in a cabin with 3+ guests. Since housekeeping will only be visiting once a day, are we going to have to have the couch pulled out all day (or have to put it away / pull it out ourselves)? Or do they still come a second time just to work on the beds?

this is an excellent question; when i saw your topic, i was thinking more of the suggestion to ask for an abundance of towels (abundance/extra -- you know how many you will need -- esp because it may be harder to dry the wet ones when there are three people cycling in and out of the bathroom).

i am sorry i don't have the answer for your question, but i hope someone can give some insight and also that when you do sail, you might be able to update us!

it would be so nice if they would just come back to pop the bed back out but i am not sure how their time will be budgeted at night with the extra rooms, especially if you opt for morning service (or vis versa, i suppose in the morning time.)

5 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

I thought I had read they would still do the pull out and put away of the couch, I could be mistaken.  On a cruise back in November the attendant never put away the pull out sofa for my friends room.  I was not onboard or I would have let her know it is supposed to be a provided service.

5 hours ago, Pooch said:

Of course I can’t find it now but I think Matt might have something in a blog indicating that housekeeping will come in to set up/put away sofa bed/Pullman.

I remember reading that too, although not where I read it.

There was a blog post about how you can tell your attendant Am or PM and if there is 3+ in a cabin they will provide the services required regardless of if you choose morning or night. However, I saw on a blog or review that while they have started once a day service, this person never had got their sofa bed/pullman put together each day. It might be a YMMV situation until the whole thing is standardized. 

We were on the Oasis 2 weeks ago and asked for the room to be cleaned in the morning.  The cabin attendant asked if we wanted the couch left as the bed all week or if we wanted it put back as the sofa in the morning.  He would then stop back while we were at dinner and make the sofa back to a bed. We asked for it to go back as a couch during the day and bed at night.

7 hours ago, Jafo said:

We were on the Oasis 2 weeks ago and asked for the room to be cleaned in the morning.  The cabin attendant asked if we wanted the couch left as the bed all week or if we wanted it put back as the sofa in the morning.  He would then stop back while we were at dinner and make the sofa back to a bed. We asked for it to go back as a couch during the day and bed at night.

Thanks for the info. I have been looking for answers to this question with no success. We are in the same situation. Going in May. As we all know the cabins are not that big and to have the couch open all day is a pain. This is good to know.

We were on Adventure about a week ago. Our 3 teens had a Pullman balcony room next to ours. The Pullman was out the entire trip. Not a big deal for us as the kids could take naps as they wished and they are used to bunk beds at home anyway. Kids were happy about their room, so I was happy.