Allure of the Seas renovations

blhar

Does anyone know if the Allure of the Seas has been recently renovated or when the last time it was?  I could only find back to 2015 and they were planning on one in 2020.  We are looking to book a 5 night Caribbean on the ship and just wanted to check and see the condition.  We were on the ship in 2019 and it felt back then there were some things that were dated, at least compared to the Symphony we were on the year before.

Thanks

Royal hasn't offered any specific plans. 

However if the cabin decor and decor around the ship is what you considered dated be aware that when Oasis was amplified they didn't touch the cabin or ship decor.  Harmony and Symphony have similar updated decor.  So the expectation for any work on Allure would be similar to Oasis in that new activity spaces and venues may occur in an Allure update but the ship decor will most likely not be touched.

She was supposed to receive amplification in 2020 (but we all know what happened that year 😉)

Royal have since postposed her amplification indefinitely, but she was supposed to receive:

• Ultimate Abyss dry slides
  • The Perfect Storm waterslides
  • Revamped Adventure Ocean and teens spaces
  • Expanded Splashaway Bay
  • Lime & Coconut Bar
  • Laser Tag: Clash in the Crystal City
  • The Royal Escape Room – Apollo 18: Lunar Landing
  • Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar restaurant
  • Portside BBQ restaurant
  • El Loco Fresh restaurant
  • The Sugar Beach candy store
  • Bionic Bar
  • Spotlight Karaoke
  • Music Hall

Personally, if Royal ever decided to send an Oasis class ship down to Australia, I'd want it to be Allure, she's the only one left that doesn't have all the fancy waterslides etc! And she looks way nicer than her sisters...

Wonder looks way too cluttered on her top deck... that's just me though, beauty is subjective...

wonder-of-the-seas-aerial-daytime-aft-drone.jpg

allure.jpg

44 minutes ago, twangster said:

I've sailed Allure a number of times but in more recent times twice since the restart.  Still a great ship.  

I'm secretly hoping they don't add the purple monster but if they do it'll still be a great ship.  

I honestly like that Allure is the only one without all the fancy slides and all the post-Amplification stuff, it's what makes her unique and stand out from the other Oasis class ships!