Sargassum impact on upcoming eastern Caribbean cruise

Obdave

We have a wos eastern Caribbean trip departing April 30 and are wondering about the effects of this year’s record sargassum bloom. Will water and beach activities in st Thomas and st Maarten be affected?  Primarily thinking of snorkeling and sailing excursions 

As far as "this year impact" we will need specific user feedback but the larger saragosa trend has been a decade + issue at a minimum.   

I haven't been to the USVI in 2023 so I can't provide direct feedback but I also feel the media is creating news about this issue as much or more compared to what they are reporting in this case.  If it generates clicks and ad revenue, blow it up.

3 hours ago, twangster said:

As far as "this year impact" we will need specific user feedback but the larger saragosa trend has been a decade + issue at a minimum.   

I haven't been to the USVI in 2023 so I can't provide direct feedback but I also feel the media is creating news about this issue as much or more compared to what they are reporting in this case.  If it generates clicks and ad revenue, blow it up.

I disagree. As a travel agent, many of the properties I am in touch with in the Caribbean have told me it’s a major issue. The two islands that have mostly spared so far are Aruba and Turks and Caicos. And the worst have been Dominican Republic, Cayman Islands, and some parts of Mexico. Mexico is very hit and miss though. Depends on where. Cancun and Cozumel have been mostly spared but Riviera Maya and Playa Del Carmen have been hit hard. 

• 2 months later...