Flash Sale savings render a free cruise!

Paid4c4

Recently while surfing the RCCL website looking at cruises I noticed a number of great cruises with a "Flash Sale" savings.  The savings for the two of us usually amounted to 550 dollars per cruise per cabin.  We generally stay in a Grand Suite and prefer the smaller ships.  We also enjoy Perfect Day at CocoCay and Labadee over busy shopping ports.  I guess you could say we enjoy cruising, ships and the nice people we meet.  Also smaller ships are all older which greatly reduces the cost of cruising.  Long story short I was able to book eight cruises which all had Flash Sale savings which allowed us to book an additional cruise with the savings.  We're trying to get caught up after the shutdown and this should just about do it.  At 73 every cruise is a blessing.

Bill

1 hour ago, Paid4c4 said:

Recently while surfing the RCCL website looking at cruises I noticed a number of great cruises with a "Flash Sale" savings.  The savings for the two of us usually amounted to 550 dollars per cruise per cabin.  We generally stay in a Grand Suite and prefer the smaller ships.  We also enjoy Perfect Day at CocoCay and Labadee over busy shopping ports.  I guess you could say we enjoy cruising, ships and the nice people we meet.  Also smaller ships are all older which greatly reduces the cost of cruising.  Long story short I was able to book eight cruises which all had Flash Sale savings which allowed us to book an additional cruise with the savings.  We're trying to get caught up after the shutdown and this should just about do it.  At 73 every cruise is a blessing.

Bill

I do so much research that I can only book 1 or 2 cruises at a time.  I think I need to learn from you and check out the sale section on their website more often.  Great perk for them to give you a cruise after all the work that you put into planning all of this.

As we get older I agree that we are enjoying the smaller ships more.  RC only seems to be building larger and larger ships and I wish they would reconsider introducing a smaller ship to the fleet.

1 hour ago, Montemy2419 said:

As we get older I agree that we are enjoying the smaller ships more.  RC only seems to be building larger and larger ships and I wish they would reconsider introducing a smaller ship to the fleet.

This is an interesting idea, I kind of like it.  What features of the big ships would you want to see on a new batch if RCCL were to add some midsized options?  

5 hours ago, Montemy2419 said:

I do so much research that I can only book 1 or 2 cruises at a time.  I think I need to learn from you and check out the sale section on their website more often.  Great perk for them to give you a cruise after all the work that you put into planning all of this.

Being semi retired I have a lot of time to research.  One of the tools I use when scouting out cruises is cruise plum.  Try them and see what you think.  

https://www.cruiseplum.com

21 hours ago, Eamon said:

This is an interesting idea, I kind of like it.  What features of the big ships would you want to see on a new batch if RCCL were to add some midsized options?  

You've ask a great question and I'm sure after some thought I'll come up with many ideas.  I would like to see more speciality dinning venues, larger Schooner Bar or similar venues, a return to Solarium pools and areas with moveable tops, return the cigar lounges.  I'm sure others will have better ideas but there a few of mine.

On 3/25/2023 at 3:44 PM, Eamon said:

You've ask a great question and I'm sure after some thought I'll come up with many ideas.  I would like to see more speciality dinning venues, larger Schooner Bar or similar venues, a return to Solarium pools and areas with moveable tops, return the cigar lounges.  I'm sure others will have better ideas but there a few of mine.  I am also thinking perhaps on smaller ships there could be a return to old time dinning where quality, taste, menu selections and service would be more important than the fast food with the new menu.