Taking Food Onboard

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 6:53 PM, DocLC said:

Yes. They just have to be commercially prepared and unopened. 

Does this include things like bakery items, candy and such? If you wanted to bring them back on board from a port day? Any issues?

1 hour ago, FManke said:

Does this include things like bakery items, candy and such? If you wanted to bring them back on board from a port day? Any issues?

FWIW, I've brought back bakery items from Cozumel. Security only seems concerned with people that bring back alcohol

I've had mixed results bring non-packaged items onboard. It seems to vary by port. The same goes for taking things off the ship. In Northern Europe, they freely allowed people to walk off the ship with coffee. In the Caribbean, I've seen security make people throw away their coffee before leaving the ship.

2 hours ago, DocLC said:

I've had mixed results bring non-packaged items onboard. It seems to vary by port. The same goes for taking things off the ship. In Northern Europe, they freely allowed people to walk off the ship with coffee. In the Caribbean, I've seen security make people throw away their coffee before leaving the ship.

So this is port security we are talking about, not RCCL employees.

5 hours ago, FManke said:

We brought on a whole box of leftovers from Jamaica with no problem, but i had to throw away my rum punch cup before boarding...

We also took smoothies off the boat in Cozumel with no problem and when we got in line for the ferry there was port security with a dog. Not sure what he was sniffing for (drugs, bombs, etc) but he sure sniffed out some lady's sandwich she stuffed in her bag!

18 minutes ago, SFLcruiser said:

We brought on a whole box of leftovers from Jamaica with no problem, but i had to throw away my rum punch cup before boarding...

We also took smoothies off the boat in Cozumel with no problem and when we got in line for the ferry there was port security with a dog. Not sure what he was sniffing for (drugs, bombs, etc) but he sure sniffed out some lady's sandwich she stuffed in her bag!

Those are agricultural inspection dogs.  They're primarily looking for fruit.

14 hours ago, SFLcruiser said:

so theyre looking to see if you brought fruit into the country?

Yep - ran in to this on my first cruise with future in laws. 

I had stuffed a banana in my bag, and when the dogs came around to sniff bags they sat down next to mine. I'm preeeeeetty sure for a moment, his family looked back at me and thought I had drugs in my bag. 

Nope. Just a banana. I handed over the banana and I was on my way. 

8 minutes ago, klaconqueso said:

I had stuffed a banana in my bag, and when the dogs came around to sniff bags they sat down next to mine. I'm preeeeeetty sure for a moment, his family looked back at me and thought I had drugs in my bag. 

Tisk, Tisk, Tisk .... What are we going to do with you?

1 hour ago, klaconqueso said:

I'm sure your future in laws could have done worse, than their son marrying a fruit smuggler. :4_joy:

52 minutes ago, MikeK said:

I used to pack male M&Ms in my checked baggage to snack on and was never called out on it.  Then I realized how stupid that was since RC has all the cookies, desserts, and fruit you could possibly eat for free.

Did the male ones taste or look any different from the female ones?

On 5/30/2017 at 9:12 AM, Matt said:

Yup, that's no problem. We usually bring snacks to have in the room for the girls, like crackers

I was hoping we could take small snacks for the Grand-girls.  I was thinking about some individually wrapped string cheese and keep in the mini-frig.

19 hours ago, RestingBirds said:

Had an issue in Portland, Maine bringing some leftover chicken strips and a whoopie pie (in sealed packaging) back onboard, so we sat there in front of the security officer and ate it all.

Well, we will have to see what happens I guess.

1 hour ago, MikeK said:

Sorry if I offended anyone with my Male M&Ms comment but to be honest I have been using that term so long it just comes out without thinking!   P.S.   There are male Hershey bars too.

No offense here ...

In fact, I found it funny enough to use in my world,

Thanks,

Mark

10 hours ago, MikeK said:

Sorry if I offended anyone with my Male M&Ms comment but to be honest I have been using that term so long it just comes out without thinking!   P.S.   There are male Hershey bars too.

So, what is the difference between snow men and snow women? Not snow nuts but....snow b***s.:27_sunglasses:

15 hours ago, MikeK said:

What about Mounds bars?

That might be stretching it but I suppose you could.  That just doesnt roll off the tongue like male M&Ms or male Hersheys.  I m off to Port Canaveral so everyone stay off the roads for the next 4 hours till I get there.  Hold it together while I m gone.  I know RC website will have a hard time without me but I know everyone can do it.....CYA