18 Year Old Passengers

I recommend to take the initiative. Join the Facebook group for your sailing, or create one if there is not one.  Then have your daughter create an event for her targeted age group.  It can be a meet up at one of the public areas prior to sail away or even during sail away.  Some are comfortable sharing social media contacts prior to sailing. (Not saying I recommend that),

• 3 months later...
On 3/23/2023 at 1:54 PM, smokeybandit said:

RC has recently introduced a young adult program, hyperlink, with activities for 18-25 yr olds

Hi. Do you know if this Program picked up any steam? I'm sailing with a 19 yr old and would like to suggest it to him if it exists.  Sailing Allure July 9. Ty

32 minutes ago, Nie22 said:

Hi. Do you know if this Program picked up any steam? I'm sailing with a 19 yr old and would like to suggest it to him if it exists.  Sailing Allure July 9. Ty

Still exists.  Attendance is super spotty.  I still recommend joint the roll call here for your sailing or the Facebook group for your sailing and see if she can make social media connections prior to sailing for the first day and/or evening.  The reason I recommend connecting prior to sailing  as not everyone will have the internet package.   Once onboard and connected via ship WiFi they can add each other using the Royal app chat feature and then communicate that way if they don’t have the internet feature. 

1 hour ago, Nie22 said:

I saw a ton of the youths participating on my Freedom sailing in April. But it more so has to do with the crowd. I think you might be okay in July on Allure but yes, trying to be active on a roll call would help. 

11 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Which sucks for the 18-20 crowd

I THINK it wasn't with actual alcohol.  But I could be wrong.  There was a picture of a beer pong set up but they were calling it something else.  I wish I had taken a screen shot...since I am well past qualifying for the age group I didn't pay much attention, it just caught my attention because I saw an odd age range and red solo cups.