Hotel and shipping

My husband and I will be flying in to Newark to board Anthem of the Seas in June for our 25th anniversary. What is a good hotel in the area that may have a shuttles to port?  And also will I be able to ship items home from the ship since I know my bags will already be at limit. 

Hi Stephanie, welcome to our little community!

I live in New Jersey, but can't really recommend a specific hotel. I can say that I've had good luck with Comfort Inn & Suites in several places as a good budget option, and the Wyndham line as a more upscale option.

This is an article I found on eatsleepcruise.com that may help with choosing a hotel, based on their experiences:  Top Hotels Near Cape Liberty Cruise Port. While I haven't stayed in any of these particular hotels, I can recommend Embassy Suites and Westin as good brands that I've used in the past.

Someone else here with a little more experience cruising than I have should be able to answer your question about shipping items from the ship to your home.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites Newark Airport.  It was about a 20 minute ride to the port, and while we took private transportation, I know they had a shuttle as well.  We did ship to them because my dad is on a feeding tube and liquid diet, and carrying his food for 11 nights is about at least 50 pounds.  We sent it a few days early, called to verify that it was there, and they held it until check in- no issue.  I would definitely recommend this hotel.  

Not sure about shipping things home from the ship, but you might be able set up a pick up with UPS.   They could pick it up from the hotel you end up choosing (it would have to be packed and labeled/already paid for.  The drivers don't carry shipping supplies or payment options).

On 5/27/2017 at 9:56 PM, StephanieB said:

My husband and I will be flying in to Newark to board Anthem of the Seas in June for our 25th anniversary. What is a good hotel in the area that may have a shuttles to port?  And also will I be able to ship items home from the ship since I know my bags will already be at limit. 

Would it be possible to carry these items onto your return flight? Just bring an extra carry on bag with you or buy a Royal Caribbean bag on board the ship.