Day excursions

Hi everyone, thanks for all the wonderful advice in the other posts. Our first cruise is slowly taking shape. We will have 2 days ports o call. St Thomas and St. Martin. We’re thinking of doing some type of sightseeing and tasting the local cuisine. I’ve got a 12 year old who only wants to sit it the cabin and use the screen and I’ve got a 9 year anniversary dl daughter who’s a super picky eater. 
any suggestions on activities or food? 
also how long does the sip stay at these places. Time is a factor on our decision on activities as well 

Without knowing the ship and when you are sailing, the answers will be vague.

The food will be up to the picky eater, so I cannot comment other than the menus are available on the app. It would give your daughter an idea of what is available, and she can pick out a few things and see if they might appeal to her.........there is also the children menu if she prefers to keep it simple.

Local cuisines will be Caribbean food, which is not everyone's cup of tea. The cruise planner will usually have a food tasting/walking tour for each port. You can see the hours of each port on your invoice as it listed the itinerary and times in each port.

If your 12 y/o wants to stay on their phone, the ships internet could be hit or miss; if you are talking about the TV, they really don't play much as Royal doesn't want people to be in their cabins constantly. 

11 hours ago, JohnnySB said:

Hi everyone, thanks for all the wonderful advice in the other posts. Our first cruise is slowly taking shape. We will have 2 days ports o call. St Thomas and St. Martin. We’re thinking of doing some type of sightseeing and tasting the local cuisine. I’ve got a 12 year old who only wants to sit it the cabin and use the screen and I’ve got a 9 year anniversary dl daughter who’s a super picky eater. 
any suggestions on activities or food? 
also how long does the sip stay at these places. Time is a factor on our decision on activities as well 

At St. Thomas our son enjoyed the zoo and glass-bottom boat excursion when he was at the 9-10 year old stage.  

At St. Maarten there are excursions that drive around the island so you see both sides.  Ours was a progressive food tasting excursion.  Maybe you'd be better off going to a beach there?

You should be able to see times at port on your receipt/invoice.  Also on the cruise booking app just look at your cruise and click itinerary.  Typically you need to be back onboard about an hour before it leaves port…sometimes just half hour.

Looks like you are either on Harmony or Wonder.  Both ships have their St. Thomas port stops leaving around 3pm but arrive around 7am.  The St Martin stop gives you more time as the ships leave around 5 or 6.  

On 3/23/2023 at 8:39 AM, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

You should be able to see times at port on your receipt/invoice.  Also on the cruise booking app just look at your cruise and click itinerary.  Typically you need to be back onboard about an hour before it leaves port…sometimes just half hour.

Looks like you are either on Harmony or Wonder.  Both ships have their St. Thomas port stops leaving around 3pm but arrive around 7am.  The St Martin stop gives you more time as the ships leave around 5 or 6.  

Good to know about St. Thomas leaving at around 3. We’re not early rise people so I think after breakfast aboard the ship we’ll just relax at Magens beach for a few hours. Looks like at. Maarten is where we’ll do some sight seeing