Check-In Glitch won't allow me to choose boarding time???

My cruise is 45 days out today, so, naturally, I'm right there to check-in, just after midnight. I enter my info (passport, photo, contact, credit card) and then it tells me: 

"! We're not quite ready for you. Check back closer to your cruise to select an arrival time and complete check-in." HUH? I've always been able to select a boarding time at check-in, but not today. 😞 I checked my roll-call and no one is able to select a boarding time. I contacted RCCL by phone, but it seems they don't know either. I got the answer: "There is a glitch and to keep trying", another cruiser contacted them and was told "It will be available by 24 hours before departure." I think the customer service reps were guessing and trying to give us and answer that would satisfy us.

Why would this cruise be different than any other cruise check-in? It is a repositioning cruise, but I still need to select my boarding time.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks,
image.thumb.png.6dd2040c3a34683bdf964aefb6c04f3d.png
image.thumb.png.e9cc1519f468f4adea7e160de503c653.png

1 hour ago, miles4us2go said:

My cruise is 45 days out today, so, naturally, I'm right there to check-in, just after midnight. I enter my info (passport, photo, contact, credit card) and then it tells me: 

"! We're not quite ready for you. Check back closer to your cruise to select an arrival time and complete check-in." HUH? I've always been able to select a boarding time at check-in, but not today. 😞 I checked my roll-call and no one is able to select a boarding time. I contacted RCCL by phone, but it seems they don't know either. I got the answer: "There is a glitch and to keep trying", another cruiser contacted them and was told "It will be available by 24 hours before departure." I think the customer service reps were guessing and trying to give us and answer that would satisfy us.

Why would this cruise be different than any other cruise check-in? It is a repositioning cruise, but I still need to select my boarding time.

Thanks,
image.thumb.png.6dd2040c3a34683bdf964aefb6c04f3d.png

Yes, it happens occasionally. There was a spate of these last year (can't remember exactly when but it happened to me too at that time) and somebody else recently reported it happening to them.

In my case, it was a few days later when the times opened up; in the recent poster's case it was more like two weeks.

Literally, the only thing you can do is keep checking back.

4 hours ago, miles4us2go said:

We are at the 43 day mark and still get the same message for our Jewel OTS cruise in May.. I don't know if it being the first cruise after a TA has anything to with it.

It is very frustrating not being able to select a boarding time yet...you are not alone.

26 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

Sometimes it’s the ship time that impacts your ability to check in.   Other times it’s just Royal being Royal. 

I was wondering if the time was maybe part of the issue as Radiance is currently in the Bahamas and soon to be heading to the Panama Canal, then north to LA, where we depart from.

2 hours ago, miles4us2go said:

YES! Finally... we could check in yesterday (day 42 before cruise) at around 2:30p in the afternoon.

Earliest check-in time was 11a (other cruises I've had 10:30a as the earliest.) Maybe because this is a repositioning cruise.

I'm on a FB roll call and 11a was the earliest for everyone.

Congrats... We are at 39 days to go and still not available.  Called Royal, they will have IT "look into it" . Fingers crossed

that check in times will appear.

7 hours ago, michaelp1446 said:

Congrats... We are at 39 days to go and still not available.  Called Royal, they will have IT "look into it" . Fingers crossed

that check in times will appear.

Just keep the app open on your phone and check every time you pick up your phone... Good luck!

• 5 months later...
12 hours ago, Jagsfan said:

If I use the app to check n, it goes very smoothly. The app tells me when check in will open, and I mark it on my calendar. Hasn’t failed me yet. 
Going through the Royal website is more complicated. Use the app. 

I have to end up checking both the app as well as the website.  I prefer the app so I can grrab my check in time and complete the rest later.  There have been plenty of times the app was not available for check in but the website was.  You can see the frenzy on the facebook group for the sailing you are trying to check in for.   I've also had a few cruises where the ship is in another time zone and the check in did not open until 2-3 days later.