Arcade games at playmakers

I've seen or played these games at Playmakers for free: jumbo-sized Jenga & Connect Four, table shuffleboard and a pool table.

Jenga is annoying, because when the blocks tumble, it makes a hell of a noise. Sitting next to the pool table is also not recommended.

Pitchers of beer were still available on our last Symphony cruise in Feb. Ms. Seafarer and I split one as we watched Top Gun Maverick on the Aqua Theater screens one evening.

9 hours ago, I_Love_RCI said:

Depends on ship.  On Harmony they have several "old school" games like donky Kong, space invaders, etc that are free to play.  Other ships are mix of what you would find in regular arcade and require paying.  

When did Harmony get a Playmakers? 

19 hours ago, Seafarer said:

I've seen or played these games at Playmakers for free: jumbo-sized Jenga & Connect Four, table shuffleboard and a pool table.

Jenga is annoying, because when the blocks tumble, it makes a hell of a noise. Sitting next to the pool table is also not recommended.

Pitchers of beer were still available on our last Symphony cruise in Feb. Ms. Seafarer and I split one as we watched Top Gun Maverick on the Aqua Theater screens one evening.

Thats a great movie to watch on the big screens! I bet that was an awesome experience

18 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I've been to 3 different Playmakers and none have had arcade games, just table games. Connect four on Nav and billiards and jenga in all the rest. They are free to play.

Follow up q, did the billiards table ever get crowded? What was the policy in regards to sharing the table? 

6 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

She doesn't have one. I am sure they were thinking of Oasis or Symphony. 

Also keep in mind the arcade games aren't located in Playmakers but around. 

There are games IN playmakers on Oasis. There were two,I think, they had a few games to choose from on the machines. There were also the games right outside of playmakers,  closet to the entrance of the boardwalk.

1 hour ago, ScottD said:

There are games IN playmakers on Oasis. There were two,I think, they had a few games to choose from on the machines. There were also the games right outside of playmakers,  closet to the entrance of the boardwalk.

I didn't see any arcade games inside Playmakers when I was there in Jan, I did notice them outside. We sat in to eat once but got takeout a couple of times. It's possible that I overlooked them, but I only remember seeing the arcade games outside. 

19 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I didn't see any arcade games inside Playmakers when I was there in Jan, I did notice them outside. We sat in to eat once but got takeout a couple of times. It's possible that I overlooked them, but I only remember seeing the arcade games outside. 

They were in the room to the right of the bar, there was another pool table back there and a few video games in the corner. My kid wasn't interested in them because "they're old,dad" but played the hell out of the basketball outside Playmakers 

On 3/22/2023 at 5:04 AM, ScottD said:

Oasis has a few old school video games like pac man that were free. Plus pool. But then there was some basketball and football toss games right outside, but they were pay per play games 

Do you know if they would accept arcade credits for those pay per play games?

7 hours ago, SuperPlanner said:

Do you know if they would accept arcade credits for those pay per play games?

That I don't know-I've read that it doesn't, but I don't even know how you can tell that since it's all just linked to the card anyway.  We didn't buy arcade credits, but just let our kid swipe a few times a day.

On 3/22/2023 at 4:07 PM, Randon1234 said:

Follow up q, did the billiards table ever get crowded? What was the policy in regards to sharing the table? 

Follow up q, did the billiards table ever get crowded? 

More so in the evenings

What was the policy in regards to sharing the table?

No policy, just common courtesy

The Playmakers on Wonder had free arcade games but they are very close to the billiard table.  If someone is playing on the billiard table and you are playing on the free games you are usually in their way.  Space invaiders was on the far right and didn’t interfere with people at the table. There were Donkey Kong, Miss Pac-Man and a few others, too.