Sky Pad Will Discontinue the VR Bungee

I see that Royal Caribbean is doing away with Sky Pad and going to replace the venue with a different activity.  I've never sailed on a ship that had a Sky Pad so never experienced it.  Curious what people thought of Sky Pad.  Was it something people enjoyed doing?  Was it a "Glad I did it but don't need to do it again" activity?  Did it seem like a popular activity with people lining up to do it?

Seems like I'm in the minority so far , but I had a blast on it on Odyssey. I would definitely have done it again if I was on a ship that had it.

That said, I can see how it may have issues.

My "blast" was partly because I ended up using it wrong. Easily swayed by the VR I kept my legs curled and used apparently quite a lot of force when jumping. On lookers said I was twice as high as other participants and swinging all over the place. I SWEAR I tried to follow the rules and keep my legs straight but the virtual rocks and mountains I was jumping over sent signals to my brain to duck, tuck, dodge and swerve lol. I apologized profusely to the staff monitoring me and while he took it in good humor, I think I could tell he definitely had had a hard time. I'm sure to him it looked like I was intentionally doing whatever I wanted. I'm sure the staff are in worse position to get kicked in the face or worse, not to mention other issues such as what @Ampurp85 mentioned.

I'll be sad to see it go, glad I got my chance, and interested to see what comes next

I am not sure just what you could use that space for. As some have mentioned, a semi outdoor bar (Tiki) might work.

I though maybe one of those virtual driving ranges were you hit a golf ball into a projected screen that detects speed and spin then virtually continues the balls course. You might could line up 3 or 4 people at a time and allow a limited number of balls (5 - 10). I am not sure golf is popular enough to have such an thing or not.

Mariner is on it way back to the US for the summer season after a dry dock. Maybe its Skypad will be updated and give some clues for future use.

On 3/22/2023 at 9:25 AM, Diesel said:

I see that Royal Caribbean is doing away with Sky Pad and going to replace the venue with a different activity.  I've never sailed on a ship that had a Sky Pad so never experienced it.  Curious what people thought of Sky Pad.  Was it something people enjoyed doing?  Was it a "Glad I did it but don't need to do it again" activity?  Did it seem like a popular activity with people lining up to do it?

We did it once on Mariner back in 2019.  We liked it, but didn't love it.  It's sad to see it go, but I understand why.  Fingers crossed they can come up with a good replacement...like using the sphere for motorcycles 😜

On 3/27/2023 at 9:49 AM, Ditchdoc said:

I am not sure just what you could use that space for. As some have mentioned, a semi outdoor bar (Tiki) might work.

I though maybe one of those virtual driving ranges were you hit a golf ball into a projected screen that detects speed and spin then virtually continues the balls course. You might could line up 3 or 4 people at a time and allow a limited number of balls (5 - 10). I am not sure golf is popular enough to have such an thing or not.

I think I'd be more open to that or something entertainment related over yet another bar. lol