Cruising Hawaii to Vancouver

There is a post on RCL that a pre-test covid test is needed, but can be "self-administered" ... the statement on RCL website is as clear as mud.

Canada does not require any test to enter country, and we are Canadian, so the testing rcl talks about seems very strange.

Does anyone know what process will be needed at boarding?

this was the reply I received when I emailed: 
Guests ages 2 and older must present a negative test result from either a PCR test taken no more than 3 days prior to sailing. An antigen test taken no more than 2 days prior to sailing and guests under the age of 2 do not have to test. Accepted tests are PCR or antigen tests taken in-person, via telehealth, and self-swab tests. Proof of a negative test can be the printed or digital results, a clear photo of your self-test result, or your actual self-test in hand. Unsupervised self-testing will be accepted for these sailings.

thanks

Shawn

11 hours ago, Ryan79 said:

All COVID testing requirements and entry restrictions for Canada were lifted back in October 2022. 

Yes, except Royal is requiring a test specifically for the Hawaii-to-Canada cruises.

So for the OP, you will need to take a test. Easiest to use a self-test and present a photo at boarding.

39 minutes ago, Xaa said:

I *think* it's just this sailing and not all sailings to Canada.  Has something to do with coming from Australia I think.

This might be the case as no other US cruise going to Canada has this requirement. I’ve got one myself coming up soon and there are zero such requirements. Also, is it possible this is just old language that RC is infamous for having still published? If the test is required, it would have to be due to the Australia beginning of this trans pacific voyage. There is no other factor that it could be since the US and Canada don’t require testing anymore