Change to Door Service request Magnets

Just boarded Adventure and of course they have changed now to once a day service.  BTW I am OK with just once a day service.

Also the door magnet that had "Out Catching Thrills" on one side and "Sleeping Off the Adventure" on the reverse side have been replaced throughout this ship with one sided magnets that only have "Sleeping Off the Adventure" on them.

Seems on this ship it is a more if you don't have the do not disturb out they will try to get to your room when they have time.  My cabin steward did say if I wanted service I should call her extension on the card she gave me.

Personally I liked that "Out Catching Thrills" side to let my steward know I was ready for service.

Also on boarding day the cabins seemed to be available later than normal for a ship that started boarding just before 10:30,  I imagine since they now each have more cabins to service that will be the normal going forward.

9 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

Just boarded Adventure and of course they have changed now to once a day service.  BTW I am OK with just once a day service.

Also the door magnet that had "Out Catching Thrills" on one side and "Sleeping Off the Adventure" on the reverse side have been replaced throughout this ship with one sided magnets that only have "Sleeping Off the Adventure" on them.

Seems on this ship it is a more if you don't have the do not disturb out they will try to get to your room when they have time.  My cabin steward did say if I wanted service I should call her extension on the card she gave me.

Personally I liked that "Out Catching Thrills" side to let my steward know I was ready for service.

Also on boarding day the cabins seemed to be available later than normal for a ship that started boarding just before 10:30,  I imagine since they now each have more cabins to service that will be the normal going forward.

I like the idea of getting a card and calling direct. Do they all do this now?

1 hour ago, CanHardlyWait said:

I like the idea of getting a card and calling direct. Do they all do this now?

your stateroom attendant should offer their card with their extension when they greet you on the first day/night, depending on when they catch you. it is usually a busy day but we’ve found they always try to put a name to our faces 😊 and vis versa!! 

however this may have changed somewhat with the single day service in cabins below a junior suite.

8 hours ago, instaGator said:

Me too.  I might have to make (and bring) my own personalized Out Catching Thrills magnet.

Great idea! We are very careful to move our magnet when we enter or leave the cabin so the attendant knows when we are in/out. I also make sure on Day 1 that they know when our dinner time is - the easier I make it for them, the more service we seem to get.  

23 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I recall reading the new ready time for the cabins is after 2pm.

So now they are going to delay me doing the muster drill.

rant on...Oh this just keeps get better and better. 

Thanks but no thanks.

Charge for less service and put more work in the staff's lap... what a great concept....rant off.

24 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

So now they are going to delay me doing the muster drill.

rant on...Oh this just keeps get better and better. 

Thanks but no thanks.

Charge for less service and put more work in the staff's lap... what a great concept....rant off.

How does the ability to get into your stateroom impact the muster drill? The information about where to go is on your set sail pass and they will scan that to verify you appeared at the muster station. It's no different than using your set sail pass to pay for drinks, to prove you bought a package, or to redeem your first Diamond voucher.

15 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

How does the ability to get into your stateroom impact the muster drill? The information about where to go is on your set sail pass and they will scan that to verify you appeared at the muster station. It's no different than using your set sail pass to pay for drinks, to prove you bought a package, or to redeem your first Diamond voucher.

I can't watch the muster video until the cabin is open.

28 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

I can't watch the muster video until the cabin is open.

That's what the app is for on the morning you board. Even if you're going to lock the phone away for the duration of the trip and never use the app onboard, getting that one activity out of the way in advance would be worth the effort to download the app, IMO.

No, you can always go to the muster station and receive your own private performance of the muster drill and not use the app. Check in for the muster stations starts about noon on every ship, sometimes a little earlier.

Feeling nostalgic? Or, just want to be an old grump that thinks a cell phone in 2023 is just too complicated to wrap your head around? Feel free to hang around your muster station 'till all 149 passengers who also have the same muster station show up and introduce yourself. Kinda like getting the ol' gang back together. 

Truth is, you will be standing somewhere out on Deck 5 for about 4 hours. In between introductions, you'll have a new appreciation for the crew members alongside you. And, I'm guessing somewhere along hours 3 or 4 it might dawn on you that all 150 in your muster station might not show up. The crew members will know the exact tally of those remaining and they will be more than willing to share the total. After a while I think you'll become enraged and steam funneling out your ears that all that was asked that people touch a few buttons on their cell phones and loosely watch two brief cartoons. Passengers are wandering everywhere, why could they not have wandered to their muster station? WHY ON EARTH IS THIS TOO BIG OF AN ASK???

On our last 2 cruises we were able to listen to both of the muster video/audios while still in the terminal.

OA was excellent with the muster drill as they had all of the muster stations set up before anyone even boarded...so you could listen to the videos in the terminal and then walk straight to your muster station as soon as you boarded.  It was awesome.  Of course, there were still those flakes that hadn't visited their muster stations, minutes before we were due to set sail, but for the rest of us that know what's going on....OA did it RIGHT  !

On 3/21/2023 at 3:41 PM, CruiseGus said:

My cabin steward did say if I wanted service I should call her extension on the card she gave me.

On our recent Wonder cruise our room steward gave us his card and pointed out the barcode picture thing on his card. Told us if we need anything 24 hours a day to open that code with our phone camera.  We did and it opened a web page where we could select lots items we might needed...Anything from extra pillows to ice.  We used it to request ice one late night and within 15 minutes it was delivered to our room.

Interestingly I mentioned I'm ok with one a day service but missed the "out catching thrills" side of the magnet to the Hotel Director at top tier event. 

I also spoke with my cabin steward and the ones on either side, all 3 liked the magnet to let them know we were vacated.

Interestingly one of the old "out catching thrills" magnets was on my door when I returned this evening.

If you like them  ASK  that's how upper management knows.

Again I'm fine with once a day,  just want to let my cabin steward when I'm gone and the know when they are finished, sometimes if they haven't got to me I'll find someplace to go till there done

On 3/23/2023 at 9:33 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

On our last 2 cruises we were able to listen to both of the muster video/audios while still in the terminal.

OA was excellent with the muster drill as they had all of the muster stations set up before anyone even boarded...so you could listen to the videos in the terminal and then walk straight to your muster station as soon as you boarded.  It was awesome.  Of course, there were still those flakes that hadn't visited their muster stations, minutes before we were due to set sail, but for the rest of us that know what's going on....OA did it RIGHT  !

It seems to vary by ship.  Go figure.  In some cases I could watch the safety video in my hotel room before the Uber.  As long as I was on WiFi.  Even if I used a hotspot on one phone to a second phone that made the app think I was on WiFi.   In other cases I had to be on the ship connected to ship WiFi.  You can tell right as there is an acknowledgment that appears when the system is ready to record your participation.  

On 3/23/2023 at 9:29 AM, bobroo said:

WHY ON EARTH IS THIS TOO BIG OF AN ASK???

Entitlement.  Plus 50% or more have never cruised before.  Some people don't read.

4 hours ago, twangster said:

In some cases I could watch the safety video in my hotel room before the Uber.  As long as I was on WiFi.  Even if I used a hotspot on one phone to a second phone that made the app think I was on WiFi.   In other cases I had to be on the ship connected to ship WiFi.  You can tell right as there is an acknowledgment that appears when the system is ready to record your participation. 

I've always been able to watch the video and listen to the emergency horn....it's whether or not they ACKNOWLEDGE me doing it that is the difference.  Unless I can get the "completed" sign to light up, it's a total waste of time.

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

Its in the app under safety.

OK thanks. Don’t see it yet on Home Screen… maybe Sat for Sun departure?  Like the final health check?

“Step One: Select "Safety" from the Home Screen on our mobile app or by selecting "Safety Briefing" on your in-stateroom television, and follow the on-screen instructions.

Step Two: Proceed to your assembly station”

Update - now I see it. On middle screen, in banner on bottom. 

On 3/21/2023 at 3:41 PM, CruiseGus said:

Wow, I was on the sailing just before yours (March 16-21) and we had the two-sided magnet.  I guess I had the honor and privilege of being the last person to hang "Out Catching Thrills" outside my stateroom door.

We did have the once a day service too, choose evenings.  Steward was super friendly and made sure we had whatever we needed between cleanings.  I tipped him early on since we had two staterooms (one for my wife and I, the other for the teen age kids).  He surprised the kids every evening with towel animals on each of their beds every night.  That surprised me because I was used to only one or two towel animals the whole trip.

Like you experienced, the staterooms did take a little longer to open.  They were actually calling decks whose staterooms were ready over the PA as they were not all ready at once.