Currency in Norway

GaBob

I just found out the Norway only uses the Krone as currency. Just wondering if anyone has been to Norway that can give advice. We will be taking an excursion or 2 and usually tip the driver. I have some Euros and of course US money but really don't have access to getting a small amount of Krones. So any ideas how to deal with this?

19 hours ago, GaBob said:

I just found out the Norway only uses the Krone as currency. Just wondering if anyone has been to Norway that can give advice. We will be taking an excursion or 2 and usually tip the driver. I have some Euros and of course US money but really don't have access to getting a small amount of Krones. So any ideas how to deal with this?

Welcome to the boards! I cruised to Norway last summer. We got some Krone in the airport upon arrival in Amsterdam.

I can confirm that the excursion guides/drivers were willing to accept both euros and US dollars as well. Just remember that they will lose some amount in the exchange to usable currency so maybe adjust your tip up accordingly.