New To The Suite Life!!

CJS2766

Hello all,

After may cruises staying in a interior room, our last cruise was a balcony room. After having that room for a week, I don't think I can ever go back to an interior room again 🤣 Well? now I've booked a Suite. Granted it's only a Junior Suite, but I'm hoping it's worth it vs a standard balcony room. If it is, I feel that I may going on a dangerous road wanted to keep stepping up 🤣🤣

My question is?? What perks (if any) can I expect with having a Junior Suite? I think I've heard that all suite guests regardless of what type have priority boarding? Is this true? Also, do suite guests have access to a different dining room? Just want to know what perks come with this room so that I don't miss out on anything. We will be on the Harmony this October.

Thank you all!

You should have access to priority boarding although this has recently come into question.  You will have access to dinner only in Coastal Kitchen.  You must go there & request reservations as it is as space allows for Junior Suites.  The walk in closet is great & you’ll have a tub/shower combo instead of the space tube and upgraded bath products.

On 3/21/2023 at 8:40 AM, CJS2766 said:

What perks (if any) can I expect with having a Junior Suite?

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/07/26/royal-caribbeans-junior-suites-what-you-need-know

I think I've heard that all suite guests regardless of what type have priority boarding?

Yes, JS can board in suites line

do suite guests have access to a different dining room?

On Oasis and Quantum Class ships that have a Coastal Kitchen, yes, they can go for dinner only.

On other ships, there may be a reserved spot for breakfast (usually Chops). Not available for JS guests

2 hours ago, CJS2766 said:

After may cruises staying in a interior room, our last cruise was a balcony room. After having that room for a week, I don't think I can ever go back to an interior room again 🤣 Well? now I've booked a Suite. Granted it's only a Junior Suite, but I'm hoping it's worth it vs a standard balcony room. If it is, I feel that I may going on a dangerous road wanted to keep stepping up 🤣🤣

welcome to the slippery slope of cruise cabin life!!! 😆

we too, followed a similar path and now are paying for it (literally and figuratively haha).

all jokes aside, junior suites on harmony (oasis class) are among some of the nicest in the fleet. like matt said, you will have priority boarding -- a real benefit when embarking with 6K+ fellow passengers; cabin attendants should still be servicing your room twice a day (balcony and below have transitioned to once a day, though your mileage may vary on this); dinners in coastal kitchen remain our favorite perk -- but you will need to make reservations (no walk in) and depending on the ship, you are at the mercy of the number of suite guests, potential pinnacle guests, and the size of other parties (and when they want to dine) -- you will need to be flexible with your times.

also you should have a lavazza coffee maker in your room with little espresso pods that can be made into espresso or americanos!

I convinced myself (and my wife) that interior and promenade interior (which I still maintain are underrated when priced right) were enough.  Then I booked our first balcony on RC and it will be hard to go back.  Next 2 cruises are booked on Voyager class JS, which as I understand are a few extra square feet and maybe priority boarding. I got them because booked far enough out the price difference was negligible and 2x points was worth that difference.

TBH, I'll be surprised if I prefer the curtained tubs to the launch tube showers.  I HATE a shower curtain.

18 minutes ago, brdjnr said:

TBH, I'll be surprised if I prefer the curtained tubs to the launch tube showers.  I HATE a shower curtain.

in our last JS on symphony, we had the quarter-glass wall (with no curtain) tub. it was... startling to say the least, that there was no additional coverage besides that quarter glass wall panel. (less than a half)

not going to lie, i kind of missed the shower curtain at times 😂 but it was fine hahaha

I blame everyone here for my new suite life obesseion. Last June, we enjoyed a grand suite on our Alaskan Ovation cruise. Like GatorCruiser, we really enjoyed the suite lounge. In July, we were in a balcony on a cruise to the ABC islands. It was fun, but I sure missed the suite life.  So, this June we are trying out a crown loft suite.

OP I hope you enjoy your junior suite! After the Costal Kitchen, you may be ready for the next step.🙂

1 hour ago, HillaryG said:

Are there reserved times for suite guests for activities like ice skating/flowrider/laser tag?  If so, is it lumped in with the key times?

No, this is a star class and Key perk only. Sea, sky and suite guest not on an Oasis or Quantum class ship don't get special activities times.

On 3/22/2023 at 11:22 AM, CJS2766 said:

Curious? What is the difference in the Coastal Kitchen vs the MDR? I know the CK is for suite guests only, but is the menu vastly different??

Not vastly.  The CK menu is a bit more limited, IMO, but at least the CK menu still has a "favorites" menu that is always available.  One difference that I noticed is that the food is much hotter from the CK than from the MDR.  I often got tepid to cold food from the MDR.  ...and of course, the atmosphere and pace of the service is far more appealing than the madness of the MDR.

Frankly, breakfast is where I truly appreciate the CK the most.  It is sooo nice to have a place to go where you don't have to fight or hunt for a seat.  Yes, the breakfast menu is static but I never leave hungry and I am grateful to have a reasonably quiet and sedate place to start the day. The evening menu changes but the "favorites" are always available.

Hello all,

My question is?? What perks (if any) can I expect with having a Junior Suite? I think I've heard that all suite guests regardless of what type have priority boarding? Is this true? Also, do suite guests have access to a different dining room? Just want to know what perks come with this room so that I don't miss out on anything. We will be on the Harmony this October.

Thank you all!

Don’t place too much emphasis on “priority boarding”. It’s all about the port and how efficient they are. The last three times we sailed (most recently departed on Sun) we literally walked right on the ship without any notable roadblocks. As far as FL ports go, I personally think the easiest is Canaveral followed by Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Junior Suites are great because you get a significant amount of stateroom and balcony real estate for a fairly decent price. The suite lounge is nothing to brag about (you wouldn’t be missing anything) and the other perks are less than impressive but I still think it’s good bang for the buck. If you step it up in the future, skip everything and go straight to a loft suite which IMHO is the best. The star class Genie is not for everyone and I actually find the entire process exhausting and annoying and prefer to be left alone. Good luck and enjoy the JS!

Hello all,

Thank you all!

The Suite Life is definitely a 'slippery slope'....once you start down it, there's a-no-stopping it!! We started with the JS, then GS, and now Crown Lofts, all the while saying "We can go back to balconies anytime we want!!"....Coastal Kitchen is a nice perk in that it's a quiet place to dine, for breakfast, lunch or dinner and not have to fight in the WJ. I agree the menu isn't always that great but it depends on what's more important to you. Bumping up to a GS is worth it to us because we really enjoy all-day access to the Suite Lounge and early access to the Suite Concierge, who can take care of all your reservations prior to boarding.

The bottom line is....you will never go back. And soon you'll be trying to come up with reasons why not to book a suite, unsuccessfully I might add. Trust & Believe!!!

15 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I like to pop in and say, you can always go back, some people never do but for others, it's just a room. 

You're right....I will say it's harder to go back. However, having said that, I'm planning a European itinerary on Celebrity next year and am definitely not going to go with a suite because with such a port intensive itinerary, as you say, it really is just a room. We won't be able to enjoy all the amenities of The Retreat and room in this case, so it won't be worth it to me. I guess we'll have to suffer through Italy on a mere balcony😦😁

On 3/21/2023 at 7:05 AM, Pooch said:

You should have access to priority boarding although this has recently come into question.  You will have access to dinner only in Coastal Kitchen.  You must go there & request reservations as it is as space allows for Junior Suites.  The walk in closet is great & you’ll have a tub/shower combo instead of the space tube and upgraded bath products.

You will also have a coffee maker in your cabin

Story sounds so similar to ours!!  We stayed in an interior cabin ONCE...never again.  Next few cruises we did the balcony...LOVED IT!  In December we're booked on the Wonder and will be staying in a JS for the first time.  I don't see us ever going back after that jump.  

Looking at our first cruise this summer in a few years. We've been sucked into the suite life and this one is no different. Question, do sky class suite guests still get to walk into reserved seats at show (15 minutes prior to start) without having the concierge make an actual reservation to the show. We did this for the aqua and ice shows on Allure and Symphony before the great cruise pause. It seems when I look at perks now for sky class "reservations required" denotes shipboard entertainment. 

46 minutes ago, CruiseRoyalDad said:

Looking at our first cruise this summer in a few years. We've been sucked into the suite life and this one is no different. Question, do sky class suite guests still get to walk into reserved seats at show (15 minutes prior to start) without having the concierge make an actual reservation to the show. We did this for the aqua and ice shows on Allure and Symphony before the great cruise pause. It seems when I look at perks now for sky class "reservations required" denotes shipboard entertainment. 

They are requiring people to have reservations for Aqua and ice shows, there is reserved seating for Key, D+, Suites and Pinnacles that get released at 15min prior to start.