Suite Amenity Fleetwide

Neesa

I understand the cost of a cabin in the Suite category is almost always a bit cheaper on the smaller ships then the bigger ships. I can kind of understand how they can't extend Sea,Sky,Star to the smaller ships but the product is such that the price is going up, up, up for a lesser experience in my opinion. 

Why not just include the wifi? Why not a special embarkation lunch even if in the MDR? Streamline the suite product onto itself a bit more. 

It truly is something I was contemplating this afternoon and was wondering what everyone here thinks about it. Come on Royal read this post, please?

We personally will not consider a suite on anything but O or Q class for this reason. We would consider smaller Royal ships if they upped their suite game, but until then we look to other lines. 

I get there are many Loyal to Royal, but I'm guessing there are just as many who aren't and look to fill this Royal void elsewhere. 

I echo the sentiment here. Prior to our first Quantum class GS, we thought the perks to the smaller ship suites were GREAT. But when you realize how much you're NOT getting it can feel like it's not worth the cost.

Free WiFi would be easy enough to implement fleet wide I think. Also 1 night comped or discounted specialty dining (per room if they wanna get extra cheap) to supplement no coastal kitchen.

I couldn’t agree with @Neesa more. We normally sail Oasis & Quantum class but as the itineraries seem to never change, we’ve started booking more of the smaller ships for more varied destinations. IMHO, the smaller ships aren’t much cheaper than the Os & Qs these days. We are paying as much for a OS next March on Explorer as a CLS on Oasis this July!  But who am I kidding.  As things are these days, I’m just happy big Jason L hasn’t stripped any benefits from the Qs and Os, lol. 

Think Winnie The Pooh GIF

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

This is actually a question I would like corporate to answer. It wouldn't cheapen the royal suite experience and I doubt anyone looking to book one suddenly wouldn't if legacy ships had a wifi perk.

On my evening walk I was actually contemplating sending an email to Mr. Bayley questioning the reasoning and playing dumb asking if it slipped thru the cracks. Lone behold I'm home and read @Sea Squirrel comment and honestly don't want to call attention to the amenity in place thus maybe causing them to be tampered with or stripped down, now I ponder like Winnie the Pooh, what shall I do?

This has been so frustrating with Royal.  Yet even the suite experience on O vs. Q class is different - 11 - 11 beer/wine in the lounge on one but not the other.  

Having bought suites on older ships I don't agree that they are cheaper.  That's hardly the case.

Yet we all know what RCI stands for - Really Consistently Inconsistent.  

So I agree from a standpoint it would be great to standardized suite offerings. But in the beginning it was easier for Oasis and Quantum class because the infrastructure was there. The smaller ships internet was pretty bad before they got upgraded. They lack a lot of the extra dedicated areas and amenities, plus even though the cost of suites are similar, the smaller ships "cost" more. We heard all through the pandemic how larger classes make more profits,  while smaller classes are harder to break even. There are less suites, which gives them less incentives to offer perks. I can't see then changing anything, anytime soon.