Diamond Drink Receipts

drb116

So, about last October, Royal Caribbean said they were going to start handing out receipts that you needed to sign for each time you used your Diamond drinks. The reason they gave was that they wanted to print the number of drinks you had remaining. Many people were skeptical that it was just a way to get more tips.

Well, I am just curious what others are seeing. I have been on a couple of different boats (Harmony and Independence) for a total of about 15 nights since then and used most of my drinks each day, so maybe 50 drinks since the policy change (more if you count my kids drinks I signed for them). I have seen the number of drinks remaining printed on my receipt exactly 1 time.

So are others seeing the number of drinks printed on their receipts? Maybe it is just the boats I have been on, but I am starting to think the skeptics were right.

On the Anthem….

Very rarely am I given a receipt to sign for my voucher drinks. But, when I do…I see the number of drinks remaining printed near the bottom of the receipt. It doesn’t stand out…sort of squeezed in with other printing. But, I do like that it indicates how many I have left after using the one I was just served. I sign it and it gets taken back. I don’t get a copy unless I ask for one. 

On Odyssey:

Used the new diamond 40% discount on wine bottle and surprised to see it used one of my diamond drink vouchers on the receipt. Confirmed with GS that this was the policy. Don't recall seeing this mentioned in any of the new benefit messaging. Glad I got the bottle before using all my vouchers.

9 hours ago, amanalo217 said:

On Odyssey:

Used the new diamond 40% discount on wine bottle and surprised to see it used one of my diamond drink vouchers on the receipt. Confirmed with GS that this was the policy. Don't recall seeing this mentioned in any of the new benefit messaging. Glad I got the bottle before using all my vouchers.

So they used one of your vouchers on your 40% off deal ?  That kinda stinks....

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

So they used one of your vouchers on your 40% off deal ?  That kinda stinks....

Took awhile to find but I knew I saw something about this recently.  Check the last couple posts in this thread (page 4).  Apparently the terms and conditions for the C&A offers have been updated.  Effectively puts a limit on how many 40% off wine bottles you can do (think it was unlimited before).  But depending on what you buy, could still make that voucher worth much more than a $14 cocktail.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/29070-crown-anchor-updates/page/4/

If I remember correctly only one bar on Wonder over Xmas 2022 printed the drink count on the receipt.

Jewel in Jan 2023 did print count

Radiance jan it started to show after 4:30 Thursday at every bar, POS must have had an update pushed.

Allure in Feb all 4 weeks it showed, except a few bartender didn't even print and get signed.

Adventure right now it prints on receipt, but some bartenders are lack at printing.

It is at the very bottom of the receipt and unless you really look for it you might not notice it.

Also personally I prefer that they print and make me sign the receipt, every time

14 minutes ago, amanalo217 said:

Finishing on Odyssey this week and my usual bartender at Schooner bar always gives me the one for fourth drink and let's me know it's last one.

I understand, 

But my point was without a paper receipt, there's no way to add the tip to the no charge drink. And he's not getting 18% either, since charge is zero! 

1 hour ago, Vlad said:

I understand, 

But my point was without a paper receipt, there's no way to add the tip to the no charge drink. And he's not getting 18% either, since charge is zero! 

No way to add extra tip (other than cash), but by ringing up the drink, he gets credit for it somehow.  For a drink paid for with a package, he would get a slice of the 18% that was added to the package price.  For the diamond and up drink vouchers, the source of their tips isn't clear but I'm confident they are getting credited from some tip pool Royal has that covers the diamond drinks.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The only place where we consistently got printed receipts/signed for our drinks was Vintages.  Everywhere else, nothing.

seconding this; we went there and signed each time 💚 didn’t mind it, there were some times i forgot to bring my fives with me to tip the bartender and i was able to add on the receipt, which was helpful. 😊

16 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

seconding this; we went there and signed each time 💚 didn’t mind it, there were some times i forgot to bring my fives with me to tip the bartender and i was able to add on the receipt, which was helpful. 😊

Exactly, I'm not opposed and actually always add additional $1-2 tips to the receipt. But sorry guys, I'll not going to be carrying pocket full of singles with me on the cruise. 

8 hours ago, Vlad said:

I'm just curious, if no receipts to sign. 

That means no tips at all! 

If I get receipt, I put a dollar on it. 

Otherwise, I'll definitely not carrying money. Would just loose them in one of the shorts or pool. 

If you ask them for a receipt so you can add a tip, they'll be more than happy to print one out for you.

6 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

No way to add extra tip (other than cash), but by ringing up the drink, he gets credit for it somehow.  For a drink paid for with a package, he would get a slice of the 18% that was added to the package price.  For the diamond and up drink vouchers, the source of their tips isn't clear but I'm confident they are getting credited from some tip pool Royal has that covers the diamond drinks.

I would think if they get a portion of the tip pool somehow by getting slips of paper signed all the bartenders and wait staff would be sure to get those receipts printed and signed.  I always give cash, and I have had them not do the receipt sometimes and when I check later the drink is not on my account.  I think this will remain one of Royal Caribbean's mysteries unless we get a former crew member to do a "tell all book".

On 3/24/2023 at 7:14 PM, Pattycruise said:

I would think if they get a portion of the tip pool somehow by getting slips of paper signed all the bartenders and wait staff would be sure to get those receipts printed and signed.  I always give cash, and I have had them not do the receipt sometimes and when I check later the drink is not on my account.  I think this will remain one of Royal Caribbean's mysteries unless we get a former crew member to do a "tell all book".

I'm only arguing they get something from the tip pool just for entering the drink in the register (they have to first either swipe their own card or key in their server code).  Actually matching orders with signed receipts to get tips would be a VERY long and labor intensive process.  I suppose they could require electronic signature devices or scan every receipt and then require it, but then they are going to slow down service.