luggage tags

My co-worker just got off Harmony last weekend and I was pumping her for info. One of the things she mentioned was the luggage tags. Is there any reason they have to be folded (the actual tag is in the middle of the page and both sides have to be folded in)? I was thinking of printing them on a self-adhesive paper (like those used by airlines). Will that work?

On 5/26/2017 at 9:29 AM, Matt said:

The reason they are folded is to make them more sturdy.

Here's a good overview of the luggage tags: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2014/12/21/royal-caribbean-luggage-tags-everything-you-need-know

I recommend use these plastic luggage tag holders. Makes it so much easier.

Here is another link for you: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E4SQNU4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I have used these and they are great. The stainless steel wire is really strong! These work with both Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruise luggage tags. Matt is correct that these little babies make it so much easier and they are reusable. 

On 5/26/2017 at 9:29 AM, Matt said:

Here's a good overview of the luggage tags: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2014/12/21/royal-caribbean-luggage-tags-everything-you-need-know

Those are nice but I bought the larger ones (I think they are for Carnival) just in case I use them for a different cruise line.

8 hours ago, rjac said:

Here is another link for you: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E4SQNU4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. I have used these and they are great. The stainless steel wire is really strong! These work with both Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruise luggage tags. Matt is correct that these little babies make it so much easier and they are reusable. 

Agree! Just used these and they are fantastic. Kept them in the backpack carry-on and easily attached them at airport baggage claim. We bought them on ebay with free shipping.

1 hour ago, Skid said:

Agree! Just used these and they are fantastic. Kept them in the backpack carry-on and easily attached them at airport baggage claim. We bought them on ebay with free shipping.

I like your idea of the backpack carry-on. We usually drive to the port and put them on at the car park place. Do you think they are durable enough to put on before you check your bags and trust them to the luggage gorillas? 

2 hours ago, rjac said:

I like your idea of the backpack carry-on. We usually drive to the port and put them on at the car park place. Do you think they are durable enough to put on before you check your bags and trust them to the luggage gorillas? 

I do think they are durable, but because they are so easy to attach I don't take the chance and wait. My real concern about putting them on before the flight is that I don't want them blocking or causing any confusion with the airline luggage tag.

I ordered the RCI luggage tags from Amazon as some of you suggested.  I just got my email this past weekend that I am ready to do my on line check in and print my luggage tags.   My tags say "Platinum" on them :17_heart_eyes:

We are flying down the day before, so (as suggested) I will just put them in my carry on and put them on the next morning before heading to the port.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 8:29 AM, Matt said:

Thanks, Matt!  I saw someone who had these on our last cruise and was wondering where they got them.

26 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

I ordered the RCI luggage tags from Amazon as some of you suggested.  I just got my email this past weekend that I am ready to do my on line check in and print my luggage tags.   My tags say "Platinum" on them :17_heart_eyes:

We are flying down the day before, so (as suggested) I will just put them in my carry on and put them on the next morning before heading to the port.

Don't forget to put your printed luggage tags in the plastic holders!

I've had issues in the past with the toner and or ink sticking to the inside off the sleeves, so you might want to or a piece of clear packing tape over the top of the paper tagged before inserting then or make sure to remove them with a couple of days. I tend to insert mine before or precruise travels, so they're in there a long time, but the take trick prevented the transfer of the toner and ink (I've used both types of printers) the the inside of the sleeve. 

15 hours ago, DocLC said:

I've had issues in the past with the toner and or ink sticking to the inside off the sleeves, so you might want to or a piece of clear packing tape over the top of the paper tagged before inserting then or make sure to remove them with a couple of days. I tend to insert mine before or precruise travels, so they're in there a long time, but the take trick prevented the transfer of the toner and ink (I've used both types of printers) the the inside of the sleeve. 

Glad you said something as I didn't think about that! 

11 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

I didn't have any problem with my tags sticking on the 3 cruises ive been on...just pulled them right out of the plastic.   Wonder if it depends on the tag brands or printer brand ink.  Jane

It may simply be the fact that I left them in the sleeves too long.  Perhaps moisture set in.  I had been leaving them in the sleeves between cruises.

I don't bother with luggage tags.

I show the porter my luggage documents,they pull out pen and write my cabin number on the tag. If they are friendly, I give them a few bucks and magically my bags show up at my cabin a few hours later.

My next 2 cruises we'll take our luggage right into the terminal and our genie will detail some muscle to bring our bags up to the room right away.....not going to lie, kind of excited about that.