Chesapeake Bay Bridge and Tunnel

We will be leaving out of Baltimore. ( Our first cruise)  This may sound silly, but I am assuming the Captain makes announcements periodically.  I want to make sure I am able to see the Bridge when we go by it. I was told it should be about 11-11:30 pm.  In case I forget, is this something he may announce?  We have driven over it several times during the day, but would love to see it by ship and at night.....We are going on the Granduer.  The Viking Lounge would be the best place?  Would deck 11 or 12 give the best view of that and the Annapolis bridge?

Thanks!

Lisa :unsure:  :wacko:

We took a 4 day cruise on the Jewel out of Tampa a few years back and I made a point to be out on deck when we went under the Sunshine Skyway bridge.  I do not remember any announcements being made. We just researched about what time it would occur and made sure not to miss it. We chose the top deck at the very front.  On the Grandeur it would be deck 10.  It was really cool to see because the Jewel didn't have a lot of clearance under the bridge.  It looks like the clearance under the Chesapeake Bay Bridge is 186' while the air draft of the Grandeur is 170.5' so it may not be as dramatic.

Here is a video of us going under the bridge:

Found this on another site for the Pride the times should be about the same for the Grandeur they both leave around 4PM:

Murrayb is just a little off on the time you will be at the Bay Bridge. I live off of Exit 28 & 29 of Route 50 (the highway the Chesapeake Bay Bridge serves. The ship departs from Baltimore at approximately 4:30pm, with the maneuver the Captain has to do to get the ship turned around to sail down the bay takes a while to do. There is no way that you can make it to the bridge in 30 minutes. You will most likely just be going under the Francis Scott Key bridge by then. Expect to be at the bay bridge around 7pm. There should be enough daylight so you can see the spans as you approach them and go under them. The Sky Deck (Deck 12) is the best spot. That deck is at the funnel and skylight for David's Steak House. You can only access the Sky Deck from outside from Deck 11. Murray is correct about the ship being at the Bay Bridge and Tunnel around midnight. You will be able to see the lights but nothing else.