Any Talk About Mexico Cancelations?

Doubtful unless a real safety concern arises. Royal would never put passengers in any real danger (would also be a huge PR nightmare). I'm thinking the travel advisory is more for US border towns and interior sections of Mexico, not the islands or major coastal/resort areas. I woudn't travel on my own to the interior of Mexico! Stick to well-organized, cruise line endorsed excursions if you are concerned.

I haven't checked recently, but I remember when there were advisories for Jamaica and Haiti. Many people were concerned about traveling to Labadee this year, but we were just there in January and felt completely safe on Royal's property (far from the turmoil). If you are concerned, then I would consider staying around the port area or staying onboard to enjoy the ship.

Mexico is not dangerous?!?  Any place can be dangerous. It depends where you go, when, what you're doing, who you're with, luck, etc. Most tourist areas are relatively safe. Most of the time you are there during the day with lots of other tourists. They protect those tourist areas with armed security or paramilitary police if necessary. You have to be aware of your surroundings everywhere and use common sense. For example, don't be alone, drunk, in some sketchy place late at night buying "adult candy" or "party favors."

For what it's worth, I have an NCL cruise coming next week that goes to Ensenada, Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, and Mazatlán.  It's proceeding as planned. I've been on a couple of cruises to Mexico while there were bad "news" reported. The cruise lines did not change their plans or even referenced the danger. It doesn't mean something bad can happen but personally I never worried. That's just me of course.

Someone mentioned France, have you been watching the news? Avoid those particular areas. Haha.

On 3/19/2023 at 11:35 PM, mistertomatohead said:

Any place can be dangerous. It depends where you go, when, what you're doing, who you're with, luck, etc. Most tourist areas are relatively safe. Most of the time you are there during the day with lots of other tourists. They protect those tourist areas with armed security or paramilitary police if necessary. You have to be aware of your surroundings everywhere and use common sense. For example, don't be alone, drunk, in some sketchy place late at night buying "adult candy" or "party favors."

Someone mentioned France, have you been watching the news? Avoid those particular areas. Haha.

This. No matter where you go it can be a dangerous place, in fact most people don't quite understand their own City can be just as dangerous (if not more) as the place they're thinking of vacationing to. I think it's safe to say you don't purposely go to a war-torn part of the world for a vacation so just about any other place is less dangerous when not being shelled by artillery.  Staying within the tourist areas will generally be safer because even the Cartels don't really want any fallout that comes with endangering International travelers, most of the incident involving such travelers stems from them going to place they probably shouldn't and getting caught up in whatever chaos is ensuing. 

You're probably just as likely to get hit by a bus walking to work as you would be getting involved with nefarious people in a Foreign Country, but you should always be aware of your surroundings and the activity near you. Worse case scenario you are scammed by a Taxi Driver for more than it should cost, or being pickpocketed. I mean we hear of situations happening on cruise ships yet people still cruise quite often, you simply feel safe on boar because it's never happened to you. 

On 3/21/2023 at 4:22 PM, PL8SWPR said:

Mexico is a big country.  Royal Caribbean isn't going to cancel a stop at Cozumel because of a crime issue on the other side of the country.

^^^This^^^  It would be like RCL saying that they were not porting in Key West because Atlanta or Dallas is dealing with crime. (not picking on those cities specifically).  Just saying what goes on in a certain part of the country, does not mean that another part is dealing with the same issues.