Rhapsody Southern Carib

D Alt

Today is the last day of our 7 night cruise. I figured I'd give you guys an overview and my thoughts of rhapsody end of the cruise itinerary.

Barbados beautiful country beautiful people I stayed in the royal bliss hotel in Worthing section of Bridgetown barbados. Great hotel. 

I got dropped off too early at the port. Barbados does not play around with entering their country. Waited around for disembarkation to finish and then embarkation started around 11 under the large awning. I got on first. It was quick. 

Rhapsody is a great little ship. In great shape for her age. We were not at 100% cap. A lot of locals on the cruise. 

Itinerary was Barbados, Grenada, Bonaire, Aruba overnight, and Trinidad, back to Barbados. I have an excursion on last morning with airport transfer. 

New menus were great. Staff was efficient every night. Very quick service.  No lobster night. We had "jumbo" shrimp. The food was very good as usual. 

The Windjammer is small. The selection is limited and wasnt my favorite place to eat. 

CREW WERE GREAT! The cruise director staff were awesome and Orlando the activities director was the highlight of the cruise. The activities were fun and hilarious. 

The shows however were not the best for RC. One comedian was funny but the magician was sooo bad and the other comedian was just ok. The productions were good but not on par with what I've seen on other ships. 

All the ports were great. Aruba being my fave. Bonaire second. 

We saw dolphins on the way in to Trini. 

More to come as we round the corner...

BTW, Rhapsody is still doing 2 stateroom visits per day until April. 

Barbados excursion and transfer to the airport was pretty nice. Got to see different parts of the island, like Bathsheba beach. Got to the airport at least 3 hours ahead of my flight.  Waiting for the Jetblue agent took longer than getting through customs.  You can buy Mount Gay Rum at the airport. And you get on the plane outside. I mean why not, it's gorgeous weather. 

I would do this itinerary again, but maybe add Curacao and Tobago.  

Rhapsody is a great ship for solo cruisers and those with no kids. Overall a great time was had by all!