Favourite vs Least Favourite Ship

21 minutes ago, KellsBells71 said:

Just came from our first cruise ever and now wanting to book for next year!  😁. Just curious to know which is your favourite ship and your least favourite ship and why?  

Least favorite has been Oasis (Oasis-class) due to how it felt the ship's design limited ocean views from many of the passenger decks, but at the same time, Central Park was impressive. The number of live entertainment venues and performances was nice. Royal completely nailed the ship as a destination with this class.

Most favorite has been Adventure (Voyager-class) from the combination of things to do aboard, the itinerary with the feeling that we're going on something like an adventure, and how the ship felt like a ship with the ocean views.

Honorable mention for Anthem (Quantum-class). Felt like a mix of Oasis and Voyager with its own unique thing going on. I don't know if it'd be my first choice for warmer water sailings, but for a winter sailing from New Jersey, the indoor public space design was really nice.

There's really not a bad ship in the fleet. It's what you're looking for on a particular sailing that should guide your choice.

I haven't found a ship I don't like. I've been on a few of the Oasis class ships can't wait for the Wonder in April, few Voyager and going on the Quantum in July, so I will get to see how that class is.  Haven't been on the smaller Vision or the or Freedom class.  I think I would like the Freedom, but not sure about the Vision class other then the ports they can get into.  I did do the Empress way back in 2005, but had a good time.

My favorite would be between Harmony which is an Oasis class and Freedom which is Freedom class. I like Voyager and Freedom class because they have just enough bells and whistles to make any sailing pretty fun. Oasis class is great for longer sailings as they have a ton of space, activities and specialty restaurants to keep me satisfied.

I'll start off by saying we've honestly really enjoyed every cruise we've been on to date. However, we've progressed with Royal to larger and newer ships and have enjoyed the Oasis class ships the most. They just offer sooo much more in activities, entertainment, dining, etc... just amazing WOW factor! We've also found that the neighborhood concept really helps limit bottleneck areas common on other smaller ships. I hate when people assume bigger means more crowded! We also love the option of interior balcony cabins in Central Park and the Boardwalk! We've sailed Majesty, Voyager class, Freedom class, Quantum Ultra class, and Oasis class. Oasis class in our experience has been the least crowded even at full capacity.

So, least favorite was definitely Majesty (our first sailing on Royal). Our favorite once again is Oasis class, but we can't pick a favorite ship since we've enjoyed each sailing so much (Allure, Oasis, and Wonder). My gut is we'll likely enjoy Symphony (or Harmony) the most when have the chance to sail on her... I think we'll enjoy the major productions even more than on the other Oasis class ships we've sailed to date.

Tough question, they all have pros and cons. Really depends on what I'm trying to get out of on that particular cruise

From a pure entertainment/things to do, I'd go with the Oasis class. Will be my go to if my kids come. As well the company that makes the diving platforms/hydraulics is 2km from my house. The con on this being at times it can be congested and have a limited number of port. On the flip side if it's just me and the wife I like the smaller ones as they have a much more ports, more relaxed

I guess my least favourite would be the Anthem, didn't really like the layout

For me:

1. Independence
  2. Allure
  3. Odyssey
  4. Symphony
  5. Harmony
  6. Oasis
  7. Explorer
  8. Jewel
  9. Anthem
  10. Wonder
  11. Enchantment
  12. Serenade

Nothing really between Symphony, Harmony & Oasis though. To be honest though, 8 of the 12 ships in that list, I really liked. 3 of the others (Anthem, Wonder, Serenade) just didn't do it for me despite much better experiences on sister ships. If I went on those 3 ships another time, I might have a completely different experience. Enchantment however didn't fit our needs at the time. Too old and not enough pool space. But I'd kinda like to try another Vision Class one day.

Some of my opinions on ships are over a decade old though.

Favorite (thus far) Odyssey. She was only 4 months old when we sailed her, just loved it. We also do Anthem frequently since she sails from Bayonne and that's an easy drive for us. 

Least favorite- I would have to say Adventure. Were on her this past August, she was worn and tired.

We have sailed every class so far, the Quantum class ranks first for me, then Radiance class, then Freedom class. 

We are back on Oasis this fall, and will sail on Symphony next year. Will see if we enjoy it, our first Oasis cruise was meh.

As always, JMHO and YMMV.

We dislike any ship with shower curtains that stick to your rear, as on Rhapsody in 2017. If they have all been upgraded, then I have no complaints. Not being foodies, we don't care how many speciality restaurants there are. Both Centrum and Promenade are fun. Maybe ice shows are the tie breaker?

We have been on all the Oasis class ships except the new Wonder of the Seas, plus recently on the Odyssey of the Seas.  We loved all of these ships.  There are pro and cons between the two classes of ships though.  The only ship I would say was the rated lowest is the Alure of the Seas, only because it was older and you could tell.