Some activities on Allure - can you explain them to me?

jbrinkm

I see some activities in my daily planner that look fun but I don't know anything about - has anyone done these on Allure (or other ship - I guess they'd be the same)? Could you tell me about them and if you would recommend going/participating?

Royal Mystery by Puzzle Break - an "escape room experience without the actual room"

Game Shows: 1. If You Know It, Dance It, 2. Majority Rules, 3. 60 Seconds or Less, 4. Battle of the Sexes, 5. Friendly Feud

I'm also seeing a LOT more Hyperlink events (the events for young adults, ages 18-25). Happy for them!

Generally, the planner looks quite a bit more full & creative than it did last year on Allure. Glad we'll have some extra activities to participate in!

I have not fully participated in any of the activities but I have watched them. Majority rules is an adult game show where if you get all the answers right you win a prize... like a waterbottle or key chain. The iF you know it........ is a song based game show.

Battle of the sexes pits men against women in a quiz type show. Family fued is the same, where two families face off like the show of the same name.

I saw 60 seconds for a bit and it was a scavenger thing but I didn't stay for that one.

The puzzle break is new and I plan to try it out in October.

Let me try to remember how these have worked on other ships.

Royal Mystery by Puzzle Break: A packet is provided to each 5 person (or so team) with a bunch of pages. Pages contain the clues needed to solve the puzzles and the puzzles themselves. There might be additional clues/puzzles located in the room where the game is taking place (such as printouts of footsteps) needed during the game.

Game shows. 

1. If you know it, dance it. Contestants will have to dance to a popular song that has "official" dance moves correctly. Host may or may not be easy with the judging on how close contestants need to be to stay in the game.

2. Majority Rules. Teams write down their answer to a multi-answer question posted by the host. Teams are awarded points if their answer was the most frequent answer given to the question.

3. 60 seconds or less. It's "Minute to Win It" games hosted by Royal.

4. Battle of the Sexes. Trivia competition of men versus women.

5. Friendly Feud. Royal is the official cruise line of Name That Tune, not Family Feud. It's Family Feud renamed for the lawyers.