Voom price jumps $7 in minutes

I've seen similar seemingly instantaneous jumps in price on excursions. My guess is that they have a set number of places/packages available at a given lower price. As soon as the last one is sold that item is bumped up to the next price bracket.

I can’t confirm it, but I do think they use demand pricing. I have see prices go up quickly on popular items, especially during big sales with lots of customer activity, like Xmas and Black Friday sales.  Luckily, my wife doesn’t like the planning game, so I do everything without having to consult her and just pull the trigger when I see a good deal. This trip I am on now, I got the Key for $18.99 early during Black Friday, it quickly jumped to $22.99 within an hour after I purchased it. 

I read that someone had placed the special offer price in their basket in the CP and even though the price went up after that they were able to get the discounted price when purchased a few weeks later. Is that really true? 

I’ve added the drinks package that is currently discounted for a cruise next April but we are not ready to shell out the money yet.  So am curious if this is the right strategy.  Thanks

16 minutes ago, Eamon said:

I read that someone had placed the special offer price in their basket in the CP and even though the price went up after that they were able to get the discounted price when purchased a few weeks later. Is that really true? 

I’ve added the drinks package that is currently discounted for a cruise next April but we are not ready to shell out the money yet.  So am curious if this is the right strategy.  Thanks

It’s happened in the past, but don’t count on it happening all the time. That’s was due more to a glitch and a badly designed website than a matter of policy.

3 hours ago, Eamon said:

It's a gamble.  You also can't purchase anything else in the interim if you have other items in your cart. You would have to purchase everything.

I purchased Voom surf and stream ($13.99/day with an additional device for $11.99/day) during the black Friday sales.  At the time, my roommate wasn't sure if she wanted it or not.  Every time I checked my purchase history, the $11.99 price for an additional device was still showing.  When she decided she wanted it, I tried to add her but when I clicked on it the price showed as $19.99/day with "additional savings" for another device.  I called RCL customer service and the guy had me send him a screen shot that also showed the current date and time.  He was able to override it and get her the $11.99 price.  From recent stories in the news about Wonder overbooking on 2 different cruises, to posts on this blog about points being lost, etc. it sounds like RCL really does need to put the IT guys in dry dock as someone else said LOL.