Restaurant suggestions for Maine?

FManke

On 5/25/2017 at 10:34 AM, FManke said:

Anybody have any restaurant suggestions for Portland and/or Bar Harbor Maine?

Manke:

We LOVE Bar Harbor, and its hard to not find a great restaurant! One of our favorites is The Thirsty Whale!! Great local place in the heart of everything, and fantastic lobster rolls!!

2 hours ago, Katie said:

Manke:

We LOVE Bar Harbor, and its hard to not find a great restaurant! One of our favorites is The Thirsty Whale!! Great local place in the heart of everything, and fantastic lobster rolls!!

Thanks Katie. I actually looked at them. They were one of my choices. I'm looking for a great local place. Not really interested in anything too touristy. and always on the search for a great lobster roll.

• 2 weeks later...

We went to Stewman's in Bar Harbor, in between excursions, and absolutely loved it.  My wife doesn't eat fish, but she loved the haddock sandwich I ordered, as did I.  We ordered to go (had a beer at the bar while we waited) then took it to our next meeting point and ate on a park bench.  The 2 or 3 employees we delt with were super friendly and helpful.

• 3 weeks later...

Best restaurant in Portland, IMO, is DeMillos on the wharf. It is an old ship that has been converted into a beautiful restaurant. Be sure to ask for a table on the upper deck. Pretty views of the harbor. We are going in July for our anniversary.