Suite questions

Hello, first time everything here.  First time to the blog, first time cruising and so on. My family and I will  be going on our first cruise in august. 7 nights Caribbean on Harmony of seas. We booked a crown loft suite. I’ve been doing some research on the benefits of a  sky class tier. But i still have questions that I hope someone who’s more experienced will help answer. 
1) priority boarding. 
I know we get early boarding and early departure but what time is that exactly 

2) Does being in a suite include unlimited drink package? Unlimited specialty dining? Is  room service included if we prefer to eat in our rooms 1 day?
3) how does the concierge work? I mean is there a special concierge number that you call when you need help. 
We are super excited about our first cruise. I think my kids are even more excited because they keep watching you tube videos of others’ vacation and it look’s awesome. Im still planning our itinerary so we have time. And im sure I’ll be posting more questions 

Edited by SpeedNoodles
changed title from name to actual subject

Welcome to cruising and to the RCBlog.

1.  Priority boarding means that you will be allowed to enter the cruise terminal ahead of non-suite guests, have a special area to wait for boarding to begin and then be among the first board once the ship is ready to begin accepting new passengers.

2.  No.  Sky Class (Crown Loft Suite is Sky Class) does not include the Deluxe beverage pkg or the Unlimited Dining pkg.  Yes, room service from the Main Dining Room (but not from specialty restaurants) is complimentary for Sky Class.  You will be eligible for limited complimentary bar service in the Suites Lounge from 11-11 daily.  This service includes water, sodas, beer and wine.  Cocktails are complimentary during the Suites happy hour (generally 5-8 PM but those times can deviate).  Also available for Sky Class is complimentary dining (B, L and D) in the suites restaurant (Coastal Kitchen).

3.  The Suites Concierges are available at varying hours in the Suites Lounge to help you with dining and entertainment reservations and a variety of general customer service issues.  They are available by phone but generally are available at their desks in the SL.

Thanks for the quick response and clarifying things up. Like I said earlier, we’re planning to go on a 7 night Caribbean Cruise to end the summer before kids go back to school. We have never been on a cruise ever. After doing some research I felt Royal Caribbean had the most amount of things for both kids and adults. My kids (12-9) have been watching YouTube videos of other people’s vacations. That’s where we discovered mat from Royal Caribbean blog. Hie sand others suggested we fly into Miami one day before just in case. So I guess that’s where to start asking for help with my itinerary. But should I post this question as a whole separate post. Since this one is about a suite?

Yes definately fly in a day early.

@WAAAYTOOO had some good advice.

If you can afford it and maybe you can stay downtown the night before.  The Intercontinental prices high and sells out quickly, but a great downtown stay.

Cheaper by airport, I preferred the 3 Marriott that are co-located, but that's me

Leave early to get to port to beat traffic jams by 9 am it's a nightmare 

Once you actually arrive at terminal "Suite" Access is fantastic.

When the Concierge emails around 5 days out tell them what you want for shows. 

If it was my first time in a suite I'd eat all my meals in Costal Kitchen rather than the MDR.  Personally first time in a suite on an Oasis Class ship me I'd skip the UDP as you have an upgraded suite resturant ie Costal Kitchen.

You can also order MDR meal directly to your cabin during dining times, no extra cost

Go to the suite lounge, basicly the same room a CK, during happy hour 5-8pm and talk with others you'll learn a lot about the suite amenities.

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE

17 hours ago, JohnnySB said:

1) Priority boarding. I know we get early boarding and early departure but what time is that exactly

Priority boarding, in the most basic sense, means you go through an expedited line at whatever time your checkin is. (Check in usually opens online and in the Royal Caribbean app [something you will need for the cruise] about 45 days before. The exact date is in the app). When check-in opens there will be a list of times usually ranging from 11:00 AM to 2 PM in half hour increments. Pick the time you want but also note that Suite Guests are able to arrive up to an hour earlier (this doesn't matter too much if you have the first boarding time because you won't get on any earlier than that time, but is very helpful if you miss the first days of check in and all the early slots are gone. You may get a 12 or 1 PM check in on the app but can still board at 11 or noon thanks to being in a Suite).

2) Does being in a suite include unlimited drink package? Unlimited specialty dining? Is  room service included if we prefer to eat in our rooms 1 day?

Sky class does not come with the unlimited drink package or specialty dining. Those are reserved for Star Class. Room service, however is complimentary from the Main Dining Room at dinner times and the room service menus through normal operating hours. (I also believe that it's priority room service so you don't have to wait as long but don't quote me on that because we've only ever stayed in suites and therefore have nothing to compare it to).

Also, you didn't mention it but if you're looking for things included in your Suite benefits, you get free access to Coastal Kitchen for all meals for everyone in the room (CK is like a slightly more posh, more quiet Main Dining Room), priority seating in the Main Dining Room if you have My Time Dining (not sure if it matters with a traditional seating), free Voom (the internet) for one device per person(or maybe just adults?) in the room, priority seating at most of the shows (note that they will open that section to General Admission about 10-15 minutes before the start of the show so it's still in your best interest to arrive at least 20 minutes before showtime to get those reserved seats).

Really Sky class will spoil you guys so be prepared for such a great adventure.

3) how does the concierge work? I mean is there a special concierge number that you call when you need help.

Yes, there is a special concierge number. As others have mentioned, your concierge will email you about a week before the cruise to introduce themselves, give you a run down of what comes with your Suite Class, and ask if there is anything they can do for you. I use them to ensure beds are separated, make reservations at some specialty dining, get a sneak peak of what showtimes might be on board and things like that. They really act as your Guest Services for the cruise and can do almost anything and everything GS can with the exception of taking cash.

@JohnnySB welcome to the forums!  I'll add a few details to some of the awesome information that has already been shared.   

We have done the Crown Loft Suites on Harmony and really liked it, I also travel to Miami for work besides cruises.  If you have any specific that you want answered please post here or Message me directly.

Suites boarding in Miami is just to the right of the Main entrance.  You will proceed to the right for security and to head to the suites waiting area.  The drawback is you do not go up the escalators under the big golden props.

image.thumb.png.644b0556d0638a0607760e886e57ed96.png

Expect to spend minimal amount of time in the terminal lounge, unless there are boarding delays.  If you arrive before or near the start of the terminal opening to the guests, the boarding will still not have started but it usually doesn't take long before they start letting the suites and top tiers on the ship.  

image.png.47cc75cfe252b32e0a696ac09004366d.png

As for dining on the Harmony we have done the UDP even though we were in a suite.  There is enough variety in the specialty restaurants that if you enjoy dining you will be satisfied.  Chops, and the two Izumi restaurants are what you would expect and good options.  150 Central Park has some nice options and we enjoy Jamie's (our family and friends).  Do some lunches at Johnny Rockets and Sabor and you can easily get your moneys worth.  Wonderland can be interesting and fun but for some of the less adventurous eaters it is usually a miss.  The other bonus is if you have the UDP and you are a planner, you can pick your dinner dates and times and submit that to the concierge when they email you.  You might have to make some adjustments but you can get most of what you want scheduled before boarding the ship.

The other detail is CK has not always been the most enjoyable.  It is nice but having been there as a suites guest, Sky and Star, it can be negatively impacted buy the number of Pinnacles that might be sailing.  Most of the time it is a quiet place that is welcoming but it can also feel as some folks are using the space as their own club and you are not invited.