My Time Dining

RichardW

I was just looking at the cruise compass for Harmony for March 13 and it says that My Time Dinning starts at 6:45  That seems late to me. I was hoping to use MTD and book a 6:00 time which should give me enough time to get to shows, etc. I am a solo traveler. If anyone could explain, I would appreciate it

I

6 hours ago, RichardW said:

I was just looking at the cruise compass for Harmony for March 13 and it says that My Time Dinning starts at 6:45  That seems late to me. I was hoping to use MTD and book a 6:00 time which should give me enough time to get to shows, etc. I am a solo traveler. If anyone could explain, I would appreciate it

I

A little research would have given you this information.  MTD starting at 6:45 has been the norm for quite some time.  It was that way a year ago on our Harmony cruise and again in October on Explorer.  I made MTD for our May Harmony cruise back in August & 6:45 is the earliest time available.  Gotta clear early traditional dining first.

Sorry to say but since the 2021 restart "My Time" has su..ed.  the 6:45 start time has created huge lines and long wait times.

Hint if you go down 15-25 minutes after Early Traditional starts they try to squeeze you in as soon as possible, but it can still be a long wait and in my opinion defeats the purpose.

I have switched to early traditional, but to be honest when I leave 30-45 minutes after the start time some folks are still filtering in. Yes I eat quick and skip dessert. 

I Truly wish that after 15 minutes from the start time they'd close the doors and turn those folks away, especially when I'm on the after Traditional becomes "My Time"  dining room deck. 

9 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

Sorry to say but since the 2021 restart "My Time" has su..ed.  the 6:45 start time has created huge lines and long wait times.

Hint if you go down 15-25 minutes after Early Traditional starts they try to squeeze you in as soon as possible, but it can still be a long wait and in my opinion defeats the purpose.

I have switched to early traditional, but to be honest when I leave 30-45 minutes after the start time some folks are still filtering in. Yes I eat quick and skip dessert. 

I Truly wish that after 15 minutes from the start time they'd close the doors and turn those folks away, especially when I'm on the after Traditional becomes "My Time"  dining room deck. 

I have never waited more than 10 minutes with a 6:45 MTD reservation on either of my post covid cruises.  Everyone talks about long lines and waiting forever but this has not been my experience.

I guess we are outliers on this subject but we enjoyed MTD at 6:45 on OA.  To be fair, I think there were some serious logistics issues with this new system when they first implemented it, but by the time we got back to cruising I think they had developed a workable system.

We had standing 6:45 reservations and determined that if we went down ~6:30 we would have almost no wait.  Yes….there was, what appeared to be a lengthy line but that line turned very quickly into multiple lines that were seating people very quickly.  It worked well for us.

What I am unsure of, is what the conditions were for those in MTD without reservations.  Their line seemed much more problematic and so I’m not sure the whole “freedom to dine anytime”  is working quite the way it used to for non-reservation MTD.