How is laundry handled onboard?

Danzigman

How is laundry handled onboard? Should we use the laundry or just try to pack enough not to need it?

Laundry is handled by someone else, which is the way it should be when you're on vacation! I've been on 5 cruises and have never once felt the need to wash my clothes or utilize the laundry service. But if you are traveling with children or are on a longer than 1 week cruise, I could see how you might need to wash your clothes. From people who have used the service, it is fairly inexpensive and the clothes come back clean and pressed ready for you to wear.

• 4 weeks later...

I've actually been one to do laundry on a cruise a couple of times as we had an extended precruise trip and needed to do essentials. Fortunately, that ship had a laundromat. I'm glad to hear that RCI does the discounted bag of laundry as we'll be needing to use it next summer.

Thanks for the info and for asking the question.

I have done both the discount bag and self-service laundry - I bring those little laundry detergent pods with me in a Ziploc and just check on it every once in a while - note though, don't get rooms near the laundry rooms unless you like to be hot all the time

I've never done the laundry bag for fear that they'll boil the laundry in scalding hot water. However, with fewer and fewer ships having self-service laundries, I'm going to need to rely on the discount bag.

Here was my recent experience re; laundry. Dry cleaning fees were not outlandish, but I thought the "discount laundry bag" was ridiculous at $30. It's about the size of a WalMart bag. Next time I'll pack more underwear, t shirts and casual every day stuff and less dressy stuff. Jeans, boots and a nice button down shirt would suffice most nights, and on formal night we'll do Chopps again.